Thread: Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Firin' Up The Fox, St. Charles, IL - July 11-13, 2014
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 09:33 PM   #33
smles
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

This was my first first hand experience with a BBQ comp. I have interest in competing, but thought I would judge first to get an idea.

When it came time for the judges to sit I found myself standing to the side without a seat. At first I thought me just staying out of the way cost me my opportunity to judge. Turns out I became a volunteer which was a great opportunity. I ended up manning the turn in table, but got to watch much more of what was going on and get to see all the competitors bring in the boxes. The biggest added bonus was just getting to pick from all of the leftovers at the volunteer table. I did end up getting seated as a judge for the dessert category and had a GREAT entry.

I feel like I got a good idea of what was going on though. So I know have a year to practice, figure out a good name, and find some teammates.

Great job though today by all of the competitors, judges and table captains, organizers, and KCBS staff. A very nice event.
smles is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->