Anyone been to Paris?

Awesome pictures!

I thought it was too funny when you mentioned at your third to last photo that you had to get some Icelandic lamb, when five photos before it, you had already eaten some Icelandic lamb!

Thanks for sharing. :thumb:

We went a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Eat the pizza at one of the little outside bistros. The wine bread and dairy products are awesome! Be prepared for people smoking cigarettes everywhere.

We stayed in Versailles and took the 20min or so train in to Paris. Much less crowded than Paris. Cheap and drops you off right in the middle of everything. Pictures of our hotel right on the corner grounds of the Gardens of Versailles and some food pics. A Waldorf Astoria, but not too expensive. We went in May so it was a little before busy season.

0d1f75fee870be312bcb1d9c49d435f7.jpg
1c29ff342fe2ba1eda0958f54042b02e.jpg
5ad50627b460716d9c37f696d1887019.jpg
675c6c79af6abe3773f5f1e535bd7e8e.jpg
40bbbc8c6e65015ca265824513a65714.jpg
e1dd266b93312181b92feb228ed7dade.jpg
cc8f767e875a520eb0b8839f7d5c449c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Awesome pictures!

I thought it was too funny when you mentioned at your third to last photo that you had to get some Icelandic lamb, when five photos before it, you had already eaten some Icelandic lamb!

Thanks for sharing. :thumb:

Yeah, that's right. Forgot the hot dogs are made with lamb. :noidea:

Fabulous! Can't imagine what that meal in Iceland set you back. I was there about 12 years ago and lived off granola bars I brought with me. I remember I splurged on a $25 hamburger for my last meal. It was the cheapest thing I could find to eat at the time. I remember the breakfast buffet in our hotel ran about $100. I ate a lot of granola bars!

30 years ago we stayed at the Amsterdam Hotel at 72 Rue Amsterdam. It is within walking distance to most all of the downtown sites. The hotel may be gone now or by another name, but most of the time they are the same. It was a small hotel with great service. I don't remember an elevator, and you must walk to a café to eat.

Saw this one a little late... what I remember most from Paris three years ago was the huge amount of armed police everywhere. The food was ok. Most enjoyed was a Moroccan Tagine. Most weird was the cream cheese stuffed in the sushi. Really turned the sushi to a heavy dish.

Never been but have a story. Ex and her sister took our two daughters (10 & 12) there in 2000. Not sure how they did it but managed to cross the roundabout to the Arc de Triomphe on foot without anyone getting hit by a car.

After looking around, ex said they were standing at the curb not sure how to get back across the street. Apparently someone saw their confusion and directed them to a tunnel under the roundabout.

Story still cracks me up.

Back