View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 04:57 PM   #78
SmittyJonz
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt at Both Endz View Post
Have you checked out that controller for the CookShack PG500 grill? You can actually change the drop rate to get wider swings and more smoke.

PID's are not the best way,IMO….but the Mrs would tell you that I'm never hardly right anyways.
No because they are Higher $ than the Range I have been looking at......

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyJonz View Post
Thanks to you Farkers I’ve been eyeballing Poopers on InterWeb, YouTube and Pellet People Forums and have come to some Conclusions.......These are Smitty Conclusions - yours may vary.........

First what I consider Top Tier High End are Out - like Memphis n others are Out. Too High $.
Second - Lower End is Out. Seen too many people replacing controllers on PitBoss, Camp Chef and others due to Large temp swings ( up to 100*), temp overshoots and flame outs. They are replacing them with $200+ PID controllers
And these grills use little to No stainless.

Which leaves me with 2 categories :

High End (for me): picks would be a Mak 1 Star or a Blazin Grill Works Grand Slam or Grid Iron.

Mid Grade: 1st pick RecTec Stampede or Bull. -Better controller, stainless burn pot, shield, grease pan and grates. And their Customer Service Ranks High
2nd pick: Green Mountain Jim Bowie.

There’re are a couple others that would fall into those two groups but I don’t like them for one reason or another - some I just don’t like how they Look.

So OverAll if I Bumped my Head and went Goofey - I would order a RecTec Stampede with optional top grate and exhaust Vents . $988 to my Door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJoDZIC3KDM&app=desktop

Now let’s get back to Gravity Fed and Insulated Cabinet talks.......
And my Conclusions may change as I Learn more........
But as of right Now - RecTec Stampede still Looks like the Best Bang for the Buck For Me (and in Original Post said Green Mtn. was my 2nd Choice) but I May Never get a Pooper.......

Last edited by SmittyJonz; 07-08-2018 at 05:11 PM..
SmittyJonz is online now   Reply With Quote