View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 01:22 PM   #6
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen269 View Post
I would and have frozen right after i cut it up. than thaw and reheat the day you will be eating it. If it was only a day or two i would fridge it but any more than that put it in the freezer.
I agree! I don't like to take any chances when it comes to feeding others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
has anyone ever tried freezing a cooked butt whole, then thaw, rewarm and pull at a later date? I've always wondered how that might work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels61 View Post
i should have been a little clearer. i would like to leave them whole till the party. i have put cooked whole butts in the fridge and reheated them and they seem to be as good or better than the day they were cooked. i'm just not sure if 4 days is a little too long for the fridge.
I wouldn't, I think it's going to take a real long time to bring it back up to temp. I usually pull it when it's done and then cryo-suck and freeze it even if it's just for a couple of days. Get a turkey frier and just fill it with water to re-heat... Makes like real simple!
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote