philsophiccal question

Nosmo King

Knows what a fatty is.
when i finish modifying my char broil silver, can i take off the manufacturers placard and call it my own? it will be quite changed. i making it a reverse flow, ducting the heat to opposite the fire box, i shall call it...Tim. damn it i typoed philisophical.

Look forward to seeing the progression of "TIM". :mrgreen:

sure thing! slap a new label on it and dont forget to register all the patents!!! then stand by your phone and be ready to lawyer up when char broil gets wind of the news! :laugh:

Once you buy it, it's yours. Do with it as you see fit. You're not renting it from Char Broil, you bought it from them. If they were paying you, or sponsoring you, then that'd be a different story.

Just my thought on it, take it for what it's worth.

Matt

I hope you can't get in trouble for that. I've called my CG with SFB a lot of names over the years.

I would expect that you could do that to your own equipment. Now if you tried to make them and sell them to others, that would be a problem.

You can modify and change the name for your own use no problem. I agree with others above if you are going to sell them than that might be an issue. I name all of my smokers. It is the redneck thing to do!

when i finish modifying my char broil silver, can i take off the manufacturers placard and call it my own? it will be quite changed. i making it a reverse flow, ducting the heat to opposite the fire box, i shall call it...Tim. damn it i typoed philisophical.

"Phil" seems perfect.

How about "Char Bro" then you could salvage half the name plate!

I have an acquaintance that published a cookbook. She took some recipes off the internet and had a "recipe contest" with friends, family and acquaintances -- she said she just "tweaked" the online recipes and legally after that she could call them her own. I wouldn't do that myself by any stretch...... but she said it was legally okay. She published my recipe in her book with credit to me as she did with the people she knew -- but she didn't even try to make my recipe and said so in her book! I agree that what you do at home with your beautifully pi*mp*ed smoker is fine and good and I agree with others, as long are you aren't marketing and selling them, kill the name plate and call it Tim.

pi*mp*ed smoker

HayGuysWhatsGoingOnInThisThread.jpg

Back