• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

More recent inquiry about Charcoal Briquettes

Zeta09

Got Wood.
Reaction score
So as in the title there is THIS thread

Recently as in this week, however, it seems that even Royal Oak is not being stocked at my local Lowes. And Stubbs hasn't been producing briquettes as far as I'm aware anymore. So I am hoping to pick the Brethren collective.

Who now has the best Briquettes to use?

Thanks in advance

I use B&B, Royal Oak, and Cowboy regularly. Like them all!

Been using only B&B the last couple years. Hot, long consistent burn, and reasonably priced.

Red

I have used B&B and for the most part liked it, but for me, it took a little longer to ignite than other brands. Be patient and it is a great product.

I only use briquettes about 50:50 with lump coal in my drums when I'm doing a very long cook, like 12 to 15 hours. But my current favorite is Kingsford Long Burning.

My Ace Hardware doesn't stock B&B, but I can order it online for store pickup.

I used to use Stubbs, and then when they quit marketing that brand name, I switched to Cowboys. Found out that Cowboy's was just putting the same briq in the Stubbs bags. Ordered some Cowboys on line and each of the three bags has about 3 lbs of small pieces and dust in the bottom. Plus the shipping cost made each bag more expensive than Weber.
I tried Royal Oak Classic but did not like the burn, so, I switched to Weber. The local Ace Hardware sells it and I get a $5.00 off cupon off every month so thats what I am using.
Must say I like the longer and more even burn, and it has no "smell" when burning. Also, the left over briqs can be burned again.
Most of the stores are carrying less charcoal, except Kingsford, and more lump charcoal. Not to mention tons of pellets for the pellet poopers that they are carrying.

So Weber it is for me.

There are going to be tons of opinions. I like to use whatever is on sale. It all does the job for me. Royal Oak private brands their charcoal. You'll likely find their charcoal under a different name. For example, Embers brand at Home Depot is made by Royal Oak.

Love B&B for lump - was not aware they made briqs - I'll have to check 'em out.

I like Royal Oak Chef Select briqs which can be ordered ship-to-store via DoItBest. Works great for me.

I wish Rancher was still around - Trader Joe's bagged 'em under their store name and they were cheap, easy to get, and worked great.

I usually use lump buy I do buy the two pack of Kingsford Professional at Costco when it goes on sale.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I switched to lump almost exclusively but before that it was the trusty KBB. Those 20lb twin packs at Lowes for $9.99 were hard to pass up.

Since I ran out of the Labor Day Sale KBB, I have been getting Royal Oak Premium Hardwood briquettes at Wally world. $8 for a 16 lb. bag. I REALLY like it. Burns clean, hot and long.

Back