View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 02:26 PM   #6
Hayduke
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynotfehc View Post
My bbq isn't regional specific. I really got started in bbq doing competitions, where the focus is winning not a region of bbq. I focus ou n 100% wood fire cooking, since many like to use gas, and premium meats, local when it makes sense. My brisket is heavily influenced by Texas, and gets great reviews from southerners and Texans, past and present. But I use a lot more than salt, pepper and garlic. I think if got good behind the scene info most placed in Texas are using more than that in their rubs too. As far as outside of Texas, good bbq is going to sell. Unfortunately so will bad bbq, example Famous Dave's. I don't think any bbq style sells any better than the others outside of those regions. Texas is really trending right now tho. If you're calling it texas- style bbq, just make sure it is., seems like that's what you're working on. Good luck!
I have a competition team and the food is extremely good just WAY too expensive. When I am at home I use Salt, Pepper, Garlic, and paprika on nearly everything. I am leaning "Texas Style' but I also wanna do my own thing. Adulting is hard.
You are right. There are a few BBQ joints here that are not that good and they are packed!
Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote