Pork Butts

enhance

They are done.......

Man how long does it take ya to drive here? I can have some sausages ready for ya! I'll take two sandwiches! I'm not a huge fan of pork (reason why You don't see me cook a lot of it on this site). But I could smash on some pulled pork sliders right now!!

Awesome!

I have a butt in the freezer that I'm going to cook for a team meeting next month. Now I want to cook it. :-D

looking at all this Q makes me want to cook some Pork, Nice cook

How was the no rub during Cook post seasoned vs traditional? I have a friend that does similar. His bbq is one of the few that I like as well or better than mine. He just recently shared his secret. His q is really, really good!

How was the no rub during Cook post seasoned vs traditional? I have a friend that does similar. His bbq is one of the few that I like as well or better than mine. He just recently shared his secret. His q is really, really good!

Thanks ebjack....
The unseasoned pork butt (number 9) was our lunch and dinner yesterday as we were pulling the pork. While I always season after pulling the pork, I always reunite the drippings back with the meat with a little rub. They were close in taste, but the latter did not have the depth of flavor that lingers and continue to stimulate the taste buds. Also the burst of flavor from the seasoned bark isn't present. The pieces of bark are like fireworks to the taste buds when you get them.

It was great, and would consider doing without seasoning prior to cooking if I were not using this as the highlight item of the evening.

Last edited:
That looks really good That schools program is lucky to have you and I am sure the same is true for you

Back