• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Questions on potential new grill purchase Napoleon

just looked at broil king as everyone was saying they last forever and then all I see is reviews of them rusting.

Check out BroilMaster, Blaze or Coyote, if you want higher quality grill. I think Gorilla has a new grill out that might be worth checking out, although I know nothing about it. Bunch others as well.

Broilking, Weber and Napoleon are all about the same quality.

Check out BroilMaster, Blaze or Coyote, if you want higher quality grill. I think Gorilla has a new grill out that might be worth checking out, although I know nothing about it. Bunch others as well.

Broilking, Weber and Napoleon are all about the same quality.

other ones you mentioned are you mentioned are out of range. I was seriously considering the weber deal from costco with meat pobes and cover included for 999 until I realized it doesn't have a rottiserie. If it went on sale I would potentially consider that. Otherwise it looks like the Napoleon is still the leader.

other ones you mentioned are you mentioned are out of range. I was seriously considering the weber deal from costco with meat pobes and cover included for 999 until I realized it doesn't have a rottiserie. If it went on sale I would potentially consider that. Otherwise it looks like the Napoleon is still the leader.

So what is your range? You mentioned the prestige pro in your first post, and what I mentioned are about the same, except for the Gorilla Grill which is $800.

1200 tops pretty much. The pro I'd consider because of all the extra features possibly, but swaying more towards the normal prestige.

Comparable Weber Genesis models have a 10 year warranty, and Weber has a strong history of excellent customer service and honoring their warranty. Not sure on the Napoleon.

I am not trying to tell you not to get a Napoleon. You get what you want. They are a reputable manufacturer.

My Genesis is a 2007 though I think I bought it in probably 2009. Regardless, it’s over ten years now. The cart though rusted horribly much earlier. Hasn’t fallen apart yet though so still usable. I do think it’s a weak spot for Weber.

My Genesis is a 2007 though I think I bought it in probably 2009. Regardless, it’s over ten years now. The cart though rusted horribly much earlier. Hasn’t fallen apart yet though so still usable. I do think it’s a weak spot for Weber.

Carts in general are a weak spot, not just Weber. Especially enclosed carts. This is an area that companies skimp on to keep costs down. A little water inside an enclosed cart is a recipe for rust. Open carts tend to dry easier and don’t keep the moisture in.

The better quality enclosed carts are 304 stainless, but that adds considerable cost to a grill.

my friend has a weber genesis Stainless steel model, I don't know exactly the model, but its probably 5 years old or so I believe, has the enclosed cart. He is not impressed, said it rusted.

Does anyone know how that works with Napoleon warranty or even weber 10 year warranty, do they cover rusting?

I just read this entire post. I see you live in Parkland Rob. Just my take from what I've seen on the gulf but I think salt air is corroding the stand on the Weber because of the way you store it. A cover works wonders for a gas grill. Mine is under a covered patio. I still cover the grill. Just take a look at the cover in about 6 months after you take the time to put it on after each use. All that would be in and on your grill. My Weber Spirit 320 is 14 years old. During that time I have replaced the burners once but I know how to turn a wrench being a retired HVAC guy. Have also replaced the Flavorizor Bars 3 times and the porcelain coated cast iron grates 3 times because I love the sear marks they put on burgers and steaks. They do wear out after years of use and we use ours alot.

YX1OlQn.jpg

8atpICw.jpg

byfA5OA.jpg

ejyWhhZ.jpg

A cover goes a long way. A little TLC goes a long way with any Weber and their Customer Service is second to none.

Just my .02 and good luck with your decision.

Last edited:
Gotta go with either 100% 304 or cast aluminum construction.

Look at AOG or PGS grills ...

Bk

I just read this entire post. I see you live in Parkland Rob. Just my take from what I've seen on the gulf but I think salt air is corroding the stand on the Weber because of the way you store it. A cover works wonders for a gas grill. Mine is under a covered patio. I still cover the grill. Just take a look at the cover in about 6 months after you take the time to put it on after each use. All that would be in and on your grill. My Weber Spirit 320 is 14 years old. During that time I have replaced the burners once but I know how to turn a wrench being a retired HVAC guy. Have also replaced the Flavorizor Bars 3 times and the porcelain coated cast iron grates 3 times because I love the sear marks they put on burgers and steaks. They do wear out after years of use and we use ours alot.

YX1OlQn.jpg

8atpICw.jpg

byfA5OA.jpg

ejyWhhZ.jpg

A cover goes a long way. A little TLC goes a long way with any Weber and their Customer Service is second to none.

Just my .02 and good luck with your decision.

I agree with you 100%, however there is agreeing and reality and for us reality is the cover is not going to work, we tried it many years ago I believe with another grill, might have been this one, but it got melted within a month

I have had my Napoleon grill for 10 years and live in Oregon. The only problem I have is I have to light the infrared side burner with a lighter, just haven't taken the time to deal with it. I use it regularly and couldn't be happier! Love the rotisserie for my thanks giving turkeys.

So I think its going to be the Prestige 500RSIB. I just can't really justify the extra 5-600 dollars for features I may not use that often. At any rate, not even sure if its allowed to ask, but if it is, does anyone know of a place outside Florida that has free shipping for 1199? I can get in Florida at at least 2 places but then you pay tax. I unfortunately missed the one place having a sale out of state and I budgeted for 1199.

I've had a weber s-330 ng for 8 years now and have used it at least 4 times a week since I've had it. I clean out the interior every spring and have only needed to replace the heat heat deflectors this past year. Everything else is still in great condition.

found the grill for 1199 without tax so it fits my budget. I can live without the PRO level features, but now I'm worried I believe I read somewhere they were refreshing the grills in March. Thinking maybe I should wait.

I purchased the Napoleon RXT 425. I've had it for 7 months and love everything about it. The gas hose started leaking leaking around the regulator and I e-mailed them and within a week a new hose was at my door. With the warranty and Canadian built I'm sold. I purchased a cover as well and its a very fit and quality.

I purchased the Napoleon RXT 425. I've had it for 7 months and love everything about it. The gas hose started leaking leaking around the regulator and I e-mailed them and within a week a new hose was at my door. With the warranty and Canadian built I'm sold. I purchased a cover as well and its a very fit and quality.

Sorry to break it to you, but your grill is not made in Canada, it’s made in China. It’s still a decent grill, but people should know. Same with the current Weber Genesis that I have. I knew going in, it was a Chinese grill.

I believe only the Napoleon prestige models are made in Canada any more.

Last edited:
Back