View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #9
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeBBQ View Post
I'm saying I think it's fair to all candidates that KCBS make it public that they are running all at the same time.
I think I get it: You're saying that it may not be fair for one candidate to get more publicity from KCBS than another due to when they each accepted a nomination? I can understand that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeBBQ View Post
How do other organizations you belong to handle elections ?
The other ones I have belonged to that come to mind, past and present, have nominations and elections at the same time, so every one voting, and those who might choose to run, know who's running as it happens. I don't think I've ever had the right kind of stock to elect an S-Corp's BOD. Looking at the US political system, I think that each person's candidacy is made public as soon as that candidate files the appropriate paperwork.

My biggest question is to know if there will be choices in the upcoming election (> 5 candidates), or if any one stands the chance of getting in by default. I would think those kinds of figures might encourage more nominations...but thank you for answering my questions, including the reason why.

dmp

dmprantz is offline   Reply With Quote