• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

KCBS Involvement

Found this interesting...

"An organizer has asked about having t-shirts printed with Kansas City BBQ Society name on shirt with the contest. The committee all agreed that KCBS should not be listed on the shirt as this could imply that the contest had a role or position in KCBS."

So, a contest follows KCBS standards, brings in reps etc...but..it can't use KCBS in it's branding????

Straight from the KCBS master series sanctioning application:

12. I understand the organizer is encouraged to use official KCBS logo on all contest materials, including but not limited to: promotional items, advertisements, banners, signage, t-shirts and all other contest materials after sanctioning has been approved by KCBS.

Mr. Myron Berry better get his committee straightened out.

This has me thinking about the KCBS decal on my van and whether KCBS can be held liable if I'm at fault in an accident. Guess they'll have to stop giving out decals now until they check with their lawyers.

Found this interesting...

"An organizer has asked about having t-shirts printed with Kansas City BBQ Society name on shirt with the contest. The committee all agreed that KCBS should not be listed on the shirt as this could imply that the contest had a role or position in KCBS."

So, a contest follows KCBS standards, brings in reps etc...but..it can't use KCBS in it's branding????

I read through that line a few times and I have to believe there is something more to this. I wonder if was the specific design that they took issue with. Something like it was too similar to the KCBS rep shirts or it made the event staff look like they were from KCBS.

I just want to send Kudos to the Board for quickly (and correctly) resolving a rules / procedure issue at a competition this weekend. ' Nuff said.

For those interested that have no life and 2+ hours to give away, the Aug. KCBS BOD mp3 of the meeting is now posted.
Ed

Every now and then there is gold!!! My all time favorite is somebody dropping a bomb and you hear someone else realize where it's going and muttering "Oh, fark....".

There is a ton of info just listening to the tone of their voices!
The new boss lady has a lot being pushed onto her plate, sounds like she's up for it though.
Ed

...and the minutes are available. My biggest take-away is that they are looking at moving to a 9 member board, which the Bylaws allow. I'm strongly in favor since it appears that more responsibility is being moved to the CEO. Discuss, or don't;)

https://kcbs.us/news_manager.php?page=17503
My biggest takeaway is the BoD is ignoring the pressing issues and focusing on minutia like Judge of the year (Team of the Year is still unresolved) Judge achievement awards (Master Table Captain) and ignoring the fact that membership is down to 17,000 and continues to drop.

To me:

Rules are a big issue: why is the focus on rules the size of the paper the rules are printed on? Where are the rep advisories? Why isn't there a single place on the website where a new team can read all the rules and rep advisories (defacto rules)?

Judging (and rep) consistency and accountability issues (I know I know) but it's STILL an issue.

There are more but I'm almost at what's the point.

Back