Oakridge Carne Crosta question

Whitewookie

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Question for you guy who use the Carne Crosta. Generally speaking, how far in advance do you season your steaks?

I usually dry brine for a couple hours beforehand, then add cracked black pepper when cooking.
I just don’t want to overdo it with the Carne Crosta.

So what say ye learned gentlemen, right before or ahead of time?

Got a couple nice ribeyes and plan on using a sample pack of Carne Crosta I recently received.

Also, do you pre-salt, or is it salty enough?

VR,
Harold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The instructions on the package say to season 30 minutes ahead I believe. I usually do somewhere about that...really just until the rub has sweat onto the meat. I've used salt and no salt with CC, I prefer to add some salt to it but it has plenty of flavor without it. If I salt I do CC first salt on top. The times I've salted first I feel like the CC doesn't adhere to the meat as well.

The instructions on the package say to season 30 minutes ahead I believe. I usually do somewhere about that...really just until the rub has sweat onto the meat. I've used salt and no salt with CC, I prefer to add some salt to it but it has plenty of flavor without it. If I salt I do CC first salt on top. The times I've salted first I feel like the CC doesn't adhere to the meat as well.

Thanks for your input. Very helpful since the sample pack doesn’t have any instructions.

VR,
Harold

I do same same as above.

If you happen to have some Santa Maria, I also highly recommend a 50/50 mix with the Carne Crosta for a future experiment. It's delicious.

I do same same as above.

If you happen to have some Santa Maria, I also highly recommend a 50/50 mix with the Carne Crosta for a future experiment. It's delicious.

I plan on getting some of the Santa Maria to try also...

Thanks.

VR,
Harold

I have only done one CC steak cook so far...I thought it would benefit from a lil salt...so next time...I think a lil Q-salt on top the CC.

I just did my 1st cook with CC and I dry brined with kosher salt for a few hours. Applied EVOO and the CC about 45 mins before cooking.

I have a thread from yesterday that I'm going to post pics in, so I don't hi-jack yours.

Back