BBQ Brethren *OFFICIAL* IMBAS MOINK Ball Certificates now available!

First time MOINK'er, just did these this past Friday:
IMG_20130726_172354.jpg
Here ya go!

MOINK_Cert_S4vant_zps6906d738.jpg

Ok, I'm going to try and get in on this. These are MOINKS on a budget as you can see. The meatballs are all beef. THe bacon is real to. Like a moron, In a fit of watering mouth, I ripped off the label before Pr0n.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

These little jewels turned out great! A tad salty due to the salt in the bacon and salt in the rub that I used to much of BUT they were still great for my first try.

Thanks for looking.
Your balls look very nice!:thumb:

MOINK_Cert_DjPorkchop_zpsf713f6a9.jpg

My application for MOINK ball certification:

View attachment 86779
Started with 2 lb of USDA Choice ground chuck and 12 oz of uncured, smoked bacon. Since this was a special occasion for certification, opted to make my own meatballs. Mixed in chopped celery and purple onion in addition to some panko, oatmeal, and an egg to make it all stick together.
View attachment 86780
Applied the bacon :icon_smile_tongue:
View attachment 86781
Applied the smoke
View attachment 86782
The results after basting with maple syrup.
View attachment 86783
I was going to do a few with rub and some with BBQ sauce, but ran out of time and just went with the syrup glaze.
Yep. Those are also worthy.:hungry:

MOINK_Cert_BevoBurn96_zps7a62c0a8.jpg

My entry and first try. I used ground beef loaded with seasoning and a tub of feta cheese, Balled them up and bacon wrapped. Smoked for 3 hours on the webber kettle. Finished with some jack Daniels BBQ
Those look awesome!:hungry:

I made some stuffed with Blue Cheese back around the same time you posted this for a party. They were a huge hit.

Sadly though, each of ours, having been stuffed with cheese, are not OFFICIALLY MOINK, though they are very MOINK-like in spirit, and perhaps even more tasty than the standard MOINK Ball.

A MOINK Ball by definition, as posted in the OP in this very thread, must be made of 100% pure beef wrapped in bacon. That 100% pure beef part throws some folks sometimes. When feta or blue cheese is blended in, or even stuffed inside the beef, it is no longer 100% pure beef.

I do hope this does not cause any frustration, as some people can tend to get rather touchy about it.

You balls are EXCELLENT MOINK-like products though, and very, very certificate worthy. But they can't be granted an IMBAS MOINK Certificate.

I'm so sorry.:sad:

Can I get a special cert for my Spam of The Sea Balls?

Pretty Please. :becky:

And yes. Those are Nacho Spam Of the Sea Balls.

Well...

FARK!:wacko:

There are no more entries left to certify.

I guess I'll go back into hiding then.:laugh:

Your penalty may be paid in brisket or ribs! Send them to my address ASAP, :)

Penalties for failure to capitalize probably won't keep you from certification. Most problematic is the lack of prep pictures showing the ingredients...proving beef meatballs and real bacon. However, that is up to the certification farker. I'm just the Sgt. at Arms fRker!

Back