• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Saturday Night Tri Tip

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Stayed home last night and decided to cook tri tip

Ymxu2v8h.jpg

Montreal steak

aseSjmAh.jpg

Ground to powder

Hq1p79ph.jpg

Some good lump

0zD3Ob8h.jpg

Rub nicely sweated through

rPI12Gjh.jpg

Sear first than indirect to finish

gZ9C1mhh.jpg

oEU3Dc0h.jpg

And done

q5Waqsdh.jpg

t8wExoFh.jpg

Taste test with a little bit of rendered fat cap :clap2:

PuYEwsph.jpg

Served with chimichurri and a grilled Brussel sprouts

0b6m2kOh.jpg

I still can't believe in some parts of the country this delicious cut is ground to burger

hwaATETh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Tri Tip is so overrated. :-D Couldn't help myself. I don't see them often around here, but I did stumble across a new place yesterday, that had some pretty nice ones, Picked up some Duroc spares instead though. Seeing this cook, makes me wish I had went ahead and picked one up. Next time!

Fantastic looking cook, and sorry for the bad joke.

Tri Tip is so overrated. :-D Couldn't help myself. I don't see them often around here, but I did stumble across a new place yesterday, that had some pretty nice ones, Picked up some Duroc spares instead though. Seeing this cook, makes me wish I had went ahead and picked one up. Next time!

Fantastic looking cook, and sorry for the bad joke.

:laugh::laugh:

Not at all. I was kinda tempted to put that as the title but said nah. :biggrin1:

Duroc or Tri Tip? Tough decision for sure. I usually like my tri tips in the 2 to 2.5 lbs range. I mean they usually are around there but I've seen 3+ lbs and I pass those as I find the smaller ones come out better.

Thanks Josh!

:laugh::laugh:

Not at all. I was kinda tempted to put that as the title but said nah. :biggrin1:

Duroc or Tri Tip? Tough decision for sure. I usually like my tri tips in the 2 to 2.5 lbs range. I mean they usually are around there but I've seen 3+ lbs and I pass those as I find the smaller ones come out better.

Thanks Josh!

Good to know, will keep that in mind, when I am looking.

That looks awesome!

Mind if I ask for your chimichurri recipe — it Looks great!

Thanks! Absolutely not. I use Moose's Missus' recipe. I tweaked it a little by also using cilantro and substituted red wine vinegar with rice vinegar (more mellow flavor or at least for me).

One bunch fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
8 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 red wine vinegar
3 TBS lemon juice
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tsp red pepper flakes

In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients and mix well, but do not puree. Let sit for at least 4 hours before serving or overnight.

Another incredible cook, Sako!

Gotta ask though, what kinda beer was this paired with?

That's about as perfect as Tri-Tip can be, Sako!

Where did you pick that one up?

Perfection! Think I've only found them twice in my area.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MY GOD MAN!!!!

You NAILED IT!!!

Back