Smitty’s Pellet Pooper Ponderings

My Performer had been on craigslist for an hour and my WSM for 30 minutes. Deals like that just don't last. Anything you check on tomorrow is either gone of not worth it.

I purchased one of the Pit Boss Copperheads from Walmart a couple weeks ago. Mostly because I have been wanting a vertical smoker (for easy access) and I like the convenience of a pellet smoker. I have 2 WSMs now and they are nice but can be more work and certainly not easy to access the meat. I have only used this new cooker twice and had great results both times. I am still learning how to use it but still had good results. Great smoke ring both times! Good flavor! Q was as good as anything I have made in the past. Build quality is ok. Certainly not something you will pass down to your kids but I think it will last a while as long as I take care of it. One rack was bent in the box and I called the company about it. Inside of a week I had a new one at my door. Great customer service! It is not an FEC by any means but for less than $400 I think it is worth every penny!

Well I had a lil $change squirrelled away looking for a Used RecTec but a Used Rustic Dinette took it, then my smaller more secret squirrell nest was raided by my boat.......New trailer Hubs, New Battery and a 3 Bank Charger and 4 New Feeshing Rods - cuz it's almost Big Blue Cat Fishing Time..... :heh:
Oh Well......maybe I'll start Pooping Next Year OR the Pooper Craze will be Over by then and I won't have to worry about it..........:loco:

If it came down to BBQ or Big Cat Feeshing I'm picking Feeshing.........but I got several smokers so it's still BOTH......... :becky:

fscISszl.png

Last edited:
Yep. Over. Done.
Everyone put em on CL. It's over! :pound:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’ve Pondered my way All the Way Back to Not Interested......................
1. I don’t have Funds for a Better Pooper 2. I Read the Pellet Craze is Over......:thumb:
Not true! My dogs are scarfing them up like crazy all over the yard. Darned rabbits!

If the pellet cookers were a tad cheaper, I'd probably have taken the plunge.

The hype was very intoxicating. There always seems to be some new gadget or thingy to whip us into a frenzy. The urge to open the wallet and become one of the fold is very real.

Sooo-what's the next gadget?

Back