Blackstone appreciation thread*** pizza ovens griddles and more*** tips tricks and pics

Yakisoba

Spares%20and%20Yakisoba%20025_zpsfjeyazlv.jpg

Spares%20and%20Yakisoba%20031_zpsbhdhu4k8.jpg

KC

Did some measuring and realized the 28" should easily be big enough for my family. The 36" would be really big from what I can determine. I usually don't cook for a lot of people so if I get one it'll be the 28". I will probably get one ☺

Last edited:
So does the Blackstone pizza oven give pizza a different flavor than a regular oven or is it just to cook it faster. I'm not seeing how it can replicate a wood fired pizza oven with no wood?

So does the Blackstone pizza oven give pizza a different flavor than a regular oven or is it just to cook it faster. I'm not seeing how it can replicate a wood fired pizza oven with no wood?

Yes, it definitively gives a different flavor. In my opinion, wood fire is not about smoke, it is about a really hot, convection fire. This oven delivers it. I love my blackstone oven. I have not cooked pizza on the big green egg once since I got it. I wanted to build a wood fired oven, and I may still do that, but I can honestly say that this oven has given me enough pizza satisfaction to not dream about a WFO as much anymore.

They are fun!!

Last edited:
Yes, it definitively gives a different flavor. In my opinion, wood fire is not about smoke, it is about a really hot, convection fire. This oven delivers it. I love my blackstone oven. I have not cooked pizza on the big green egg once since I got it. I wanted to build a wood fired oven, and I may still do that, but I can honestly say that this oven has given me enough pizza satisfaction to not dream about a WFO as much anymore.

Hhmm you may be on to something there. I wasn't really thinking "smoke" from the wood just a different flavor. Kind of like how food from a charcoal grill tastes different than from a gasser. What makes the flavor different from an oven, the really high heat cook?

All are different flavors. Wood and it's lignins and other convection gasses are seasonings, propane gasses actually give some flavors. Grilling or griddeling both offer their own unique flavors by searing the natural sugars in the foods but griddeling let's meat/ veggies sear in their own oils. Lately I've done a bunch of cooking over fire and can't wait to combine that with the camp chef griddle.

I would like to say fark each and every one of you for putting this idea into my wife's head! now on the other hand i really want to say thank you. I just got it for $242 (lowes price match and military discount).

Attachments

• 20150830_150204.jpg
    20150830_150204.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,054
Last edited:
Just wanted to give all you new blackstone owners a chance to get down in this thread.

I count at least 4 this week.

I've been watching all these Blackstone threads for the last several weeks. That was in my noggin when three of my grandkids spent the weekend. They got up wanting pancakes, bacon and sausage. When it was all over I had trashed the kitchen and dirtied 5 pans. Plus the fact that it took me 45 minutes to cook it all. If I had had my BSG I could have cut the cook time in half and made 1/4 of the mess in the kitchen. No brainer here so I went shopping. Got the BSG this week and made breakfast this morning. Bacon, eggs and scattered smothered hash browns in 10 minutes. Ate on paper plates so the only cleanup was the grater and spatula. I do 90% of the cooking at my house but the wife does all the cleanup. She is a happy camper that I got the griddle and I am having more fun cooking. 😜

Not sure mine counts for this week, but I finally was able to season it this morning. Only took me about six weeks from delivery. Way too much work lately.

A couple of pounds of bacon made for a nice first cook and some great BLTs. I really liked the even temps across the entire griddle. Now it's "Game On!"

49A2B368-79D5-466A-9B6D-B2653092C991_zpswisduvts.jpg

I've been watching all these Blackstone threads for the last several weeks. That was in my noggin when three of my grandkids spent the weekend. They got up wanting pancakes, bacon and sausage. When it was all over I had trashed the kitchen and dirtied 5 pans. Plus the fact that it took me 45 minutes to cook it all. If I had had my BSG I could have cut the cook time in half and made 1/4 of the mess in the kitchen. No brainer here so I went shopping. Got the BSG this week and made breakfast this morning. Bacon, eggs and scattered smothered hash browns in 10 minutes. Ate on paper plates so the only cleanup was the grater and spatula. I do 90% of the cooking at my house but the wife does all the cleanup. She is a happy camper that I got the griddle and I am having more fun cooking. 😜

I couldn't say it better myself! This morning I fixed my entire breakfast on it. Pulled pork, Egg's and Diced potato's with some toast. Fed the whole family. Wish I thought of paper plates tho!

Back