Quit my job, time to open up a BBQ Restaurant!

Do you think one CTO will keep up?

We have two on a trailer and some events could use a third one.

Do you think one CTO will keep up?

We have two on a trailer and some events could use a third one.

Oh man, I hope so. Then again, running out would be a (sorta) good problem to have! She'll be running 24/7 obviously and I have a small dining room (24 chairs right now with Covid). I have the space under the hood for another CTO (or 2!) at the end of my line should I need it. I would just have to move my wood outside in a shed.

Made some burnt ends on the Ole Hickory all day/night yesterday. Posted it on a 2 local FB groups and my page is picking up steam fast! Went from just under 200 likes to around 450 now in just about 10 hours! Why pay for marketing why you can just make delicious burnt ends and take a picture?

Attachments

• 20201206_[1].jpg
    20201206_[1].jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 334
When ya opening and where are you located? I might be in Willmington in the next month or so. If you're open, I'll bring the gang from work down there.

James, congrats and that sounds like a good problem to have. You are certainly living the dream that a lot of us have, I just hope that you have all the business you want/can handle and that you enjoy going to work every day.

James, I think your idea of marketing on Facebook is a very good one. We made an hour and a half trip up to a BBQ out in the middle of nowhere based on what I saw on FB (it was worth it, by the way, and we will do it again). It could really extend your reach. People are really looking for some excuse to get out and go somewhere and going for a drive to the coast to pick up grub is a low risk trip. Just make sure you have staff to accommodate curbside.

James, it's quite inspiring to see all this happening for you. A huge effort at this time. I'm amazed at the cost of it all. You may have been better off with no equipment at all in the place given the condition it was in.

Good luck with it all, and keep posting. It's fellas like you that convince me I will never be able to do anything like that!

Cheers!

Bill

2021 ! Go Guy! You will be well positioned for the Great year to come what with the vaccines and all. Folks really need what you are doing. We had a local guy (and neighbor) open a place here just recently. www.redoakhob.com He used to feed BBQ from his house and everyone said you need to open a business. He did.

Greetings from my epsom salt bathtub in Wilmington NC. Its been a crazy crazy few days. Finally had my hard open December 26th (there was something peaceful being in the restaurant Christmas afternoon loading butts ans brisket with no soul in sight). Opening day was moderate sucess, nothing too crazy but a nice steady flow. Next day, sold out. Granted, I dont have par levels down but i wasnt expecting this much of a turnout. Things have been amping up, lunch had been really great and steady from 1115 on. Dinners have been hit and miss but Im happy with the flow of customers. Everyday sales have grown by at least 10%. The deli mext door is closed for vacation so im hoping my lunch rush isnt just people showing up for the deli only to "settle" for BBQ next door. Talking with some customers I dont feel that is the case though. Im drained physically and mentally no question, but it feels like its paying off fast. 5 straight 15 hour plus days is exhausting though. So far the customers seem to be LOVING the food and have had several repeat customers already. Only 1 complaint so far and Im almost 100% certain shes just testimng our system for free food. Coming from being a GM of a regional QSR chain I can usually sense genuine complaints from horse manure. Oh well, it was handled delicately and she seems happy for the time being. Everyone else is so thrilled and thats more rewarding then anything else. I had a guy drive from across the river today (solid 25 minutes even at night) just because he heard we had great BBQ. Im hoping this is the start of something great, not just people being bored (covid) or a quick boost for being the new place in towm for BBQ.

Those are great prices - should bring plenty of people in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back