• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Frozen Butt question

Phinque

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm cooking a couple of Butts tomorrow for pulled pork sandwiches that I will be serving next weekend. I will go ahead and pull them, package them with the foodsaver and freeze. My question is what is the best way to reheat the pulled pork to keep it moist?

Thanks, Looks like that's the plan. I'm putting on about 30 pounds of butt so I'm thinking I will have about 15 to 20 pounds of pulled pork. I will heat it up in the water and serve it out of a crock. People will be eating it all afternoon. It's a Daytona party.

Just make sure fire isn't to hot where bag melts to bottom of pan. Don't ask me how I know. :oops: Add a little Apple juice and Rub mixed in before sealing bags. Also helps if meat is chilled.

Put the foodsaver bags with the pork in hot water and slowly bring them up to serving temp.

how long does it take to get them to serving temp? I am about to try boiling a bag have no idea how long to do it for.

Simmer, do not boil! depends on how much is in there, but from frozen maybe 20-30 mins

Back