Possible lucky find (UDS maybe)

S

SgtFubar

Yesterday at work, my penzoil driver was picking up some empty 55 gallon drums, the last drum in the pile he couldn't take, I kindly asked him why cant you take that one. He informed me that it had no top, hmmm.
Upon further inspection it looks like someone had maybe been prepping it to be a burn barrel, it now has small slits around the bottom third of the barrel, it has no label on it & the inside looks to have no oil residue.
I was thinking of use a body hammer to close up the slits & begin the process of building a UDS, any thoughts my brothers?

I think a couple of good hot burns will take care of any funk that may have been in the barrel. But you never know.
I wanted to be on the safe side and save some time so I got a new one that came sealed and never used. A new one just saves more time and took the guess work away, for me anyway.

I just picked up a 55 gallon extra Heavy barrel. it was filled with latex paint, it is an open top barrel, but came with the lid and lock ring. still had a lot of dried Paint residue on and in it. I did notice that the inside of the barrel is reddish. the paint was light gray for concrete. so I assume it is a lined barrel. after some good burns I hope it will be ok to use as a UDS project.. any thoughts about the barrel would be appreciated.....Mario

Back