My first catering gig July 4th

SmokinRocknRoll

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
I started a new company "SmokinRocknRoll" and did my first gig Friday July 4th. The name is exactly what is, Smoked food and live rocknroll. We served 200 people at an awesome party in Marblehead, Ohio right on Lake Erie. I decided on because of cost on ordering a model 401 trailor smoker from Greasy Hills Smokers. I cooked on it twice before the party. Towed that beast up with my jeep and got smoking around 5am. 40 Slabs of babybacks, 6 pork butts and 100 chicken legs and thighs. KILLED IT! The smoker worked awesome and the food was great. Then my band rocked the crowed before and after the fireworks. Love the Greasy Hill Model 401 and love this website. Ill report back.

Dang you did kill it if you have enough energy to rock it out after catering. I'm usually dead by then. Great Job, sounds like a cool way to market yourself.

Congrats! I'm glad to here things went well. Hope that the success continues for you.

I started a new company "SmokinRocknRoll" and did my first gig Friday July 4th. The name is exactly what is, Smoked food and live rocknroll. We served 200 people at an awesome party in Marblehead, Ohio right on Lake Erie. I decided on because of cost on ordering a model 401 trailor smoker from Greasy Hills Smokers. I cooked on it twice before the party. Towed that beast up with my jeep and got smoking around 5am. 40 Slabs of babybacks, 6 pork butts and 100 chicken legs and thighs. KILLED IT! The smoker worked awesome and the food was great. Then my band rocked the crowed before and after the fireworks. Love the Greasy Hill Model 401 and love this website. Ill report back.

Congrats and good luck in your new business. One thing though, those food numbers sound a little low for 200 people. Glad it worked out for you though.:clap:

Greasyhill Customs use to be Beams Custom Smokers. Don't know why he changed names but I heard a few people got burned by him. He did alright by me.

Back