Money Muscle

BBQ_Mayor

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I think this has been brought up before but I couldn't find anything about it doing a search.

I have heard of the money muscle coming from a pork butt and I think I know where it is but does somebody have a picture of the exact location?

Thanks
Ray

I don't have a picture but I was told it is the piece of meat that is on the opposite side and end of the bone.

I think this has been brought up before but I couldn't find anything about it doing a search.

I have heard of the money muscle coming from a pork butt and I think I know where it is but does somebody have a picture of the exact location?

Thanks
Ray

I don't have a picture but I was told it is the piece of meat that is on the opposite side and end of the bone.

its times like these that i really wish i had photoshop, anybody got a copy?

Okay, I know there are quite a few muscles, but I labeled these 3 areas on this cross section view for reference......Now which area is this "money muscle" in? A, B or C.

buttmuscle.jpg

I'd say it's missing on that picture. It would be the muscle that would be on the very left that looks to have been trimmed off.

I've heard another good one to turn in is the one on the lower right that looks like it has a 7 in it (look at the fat).

Am I right? Am I? WELL AM I?
- Sam Kennison mod

BigMista got censored! He was thinking the same thing I was, though.

I think we need to watch the video from Ique from the royal this year he does a nice view of the money muscle. Youtube mode

I was tempted to hijack (dirty mind mod) but resisted. would it be "A", similar to the smaller side of the bone on a T-Bone steak?

It's taken me everything i had today not to ruin this thread............:cool:
I think it's "A", next to the bone and fairly lean where as "B&C" are marbled and would tend to fall apart IMO.
I think we need a poll.........Bbq Joe mod!!:biggrin:

The money muscle is on the end of the butt opposite of the bone. Long and looks like a zebra stripe. So it's the very outer part of "C" in Wayne's picture.

Attachments

• 005 [800x600].JPG
    005 [800x600].JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 2,260
Dang Plowboy, you got skills! those little boxes are cooool.

You learn something new everyday. So Plowboy (or anyone else), do you go ahead and cook the butt to pulling temp, then just remove the money muscle and sit it aside? Of do ya separate it earlier?

Back