THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tbag

Knows what a fatty is.
Im looking for a good vacuum sealer,but I'm not sure which one to pick.

Anyone heard of Polysciene vacuum sealer 150 series?
Any good? I can get a good price on this unit.

I have read a few places that the vacuum sealer does seal the bags but after a little while (either in the fridge og freezer) the seal is not air tight anymore.

Anyone had that same experience? If thats so then I will not buy one (at least not a cheap one)

I have read a few places that the vacuum sealer does seal the bags but after a little while (either in the fridge og freezer) the seal is not air tight anymore.

Anyone had that same experience? If thats so then I will not buy one (at least not a cheap one)

Never had that happen with my Food saver unit, and you can double seal if needed.

I've used both the PolyScience and the FoodSaver. Although I prefer the FoodSaver machine, the PolyScience plastic rolls are cheaper. I haven't tried the PolyScience Bag on the FoodSaver machine to see if it works, though.

I have the Weston and I have had items lost in the back of the freezer almost 2 years old and they are still vac-sealed as tight as they were when they came off the vac-sealer. The food is fresh, has no freezer-burn, and no off flavors.

Even when boiling food in the food safe microwaveable/boilable bags they retain their vac-seal with no air inside..

Maybe the unit others were using wasn't making a proper seal or maybe were not sealed correctly. Something wasn't properly sealed if it is no longer air-tight as you described.

I've used both the PolyScience and the FoodSaver. Although I prefer the FoodSaver machine, the PolyScience plastic rolls are cheaper. I haven't tried the PolyScience Bag on the FoodSaver machine to see if it works, though.

The foodsaver can use any standard micro-channel bag. Even the inexpensive Vac-Master bags and rolls.

Back