• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment First Live Streamed Competition

gettinbasted

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
The link is up to watch the first ever live streamed BBQ Competition. You’ll get unprecedented access to some of the top teams on the planet as they compete in the Big 12 Big Q.

Follow the link to set a reminder. The broadcast starts on Friday at 12:30 central time. First turn in is at 1.
https://youtu.be/X8FixYbzCRg

Each team will be competing out of a 10x10 so there’s no place to hide! Judging and scoring will be in real time. As soon as the score cards are turned in, you’ll know who won (and lost), plus live reactions from both judges and the teams. Meagan and Jason Day from Burntfinger BBQ will be emceeing the event.

Teams competing:
Slap’s BBQ
Smokin’ Triggers
Porky Butts BBQ
Sugarfire Smokehouse
Shake’N Bake
Clark Crew BBQ
Fergolicious BBQ
Gettin’ Basted
Old Virginia Smoke
Dirt Road BBQ
Boomerang BBQ
Slaughterhouse Five BBQ

It should be a lot of fun! The comments will be monitored so jump in and participate.

Thanks for the reminder! We’re busy on Saturday but I’ll try to watch when we can!

What happened to Blane (Porky Butts)? I thought he was in the area yesterday, is everything oK?

Agree. Very well done. I'll go back and watch again later (people kept interrupting me at work), but I enjoyed it. Being on a Friday and being at work, the downtime was welcome, but I do wonder if it would be tougher to keep people's attention on a Saturday afternoon. I assume as more and more prepared content gets filmed, it will fill some of that time.

Overall, that was great, and I can't wait to see the next one (when I'll be driving to a comp, and also probably won't care about the downtime - AR is a ways away!)

Thank you! I enjoyed watching it, as much as a good baseball game! Maybe more? I look forward to seeing more in the future!

Thank you! I enjoyed watching it, as much as a good baseball game! Maybe more? I look forward to seeing more in the future!

Thanks! It was a heck of a lot of fun. My only complaint is that the judges got it completely wrong, again. No chance Tim had better food than me! The next one is the first Saturday in April. Watch for online fantasy coming with lots of gifts from our sponsors such as YETI, Gateway Drums, Blues Hog, Smithfield and Snake River Farms.

Great job, it is what was needed to get the interest back. I stepped out of comps this year due to the lack of interest and this got me going and wanting to compete again, now if I could move to a fun bbq area!!

Congrats to all and thanks for putting the time and energy into it as well as having the vision and seeing it through.

I thought the video was great and I'm looking forward to the next one. The cool temperatures and working outside of a trailer or motor home made things more difficult. Unless editing is responsible... but were the turn-in times longer than the 30 minute KCBS times? Some of the cooks seemed pretty relaxed.

I thought the video was great and I'm looking forward to the next one. The cool temperatures and working outside of a trailer or motor home made things more difficult. Unless editing is responsible... but were the turn-in times longer than the 30 minute KCBS times? Some of the cooks seemed pretty relaxed.

Standard KCBS rules. 30 minutes between turn ins. That group has thousands of contests cooked. Not much flusters them. The conditions were brutal to say the least.

I really enjoyed it. I wasn't able to watch live, so I watched it Friday night and Saturday morning. I was a little surprised to see a 3+ hour running time, but it went fast due to good content and fast forwarding the ads and the time that just showed the sponsors.

I managed to miss all of this :( and probably won't spend time to watch the whole recording :-D

Are there any plans to flag highlights with time stamps?

The live stream was awesome. I was hoping to get some live judging reactions, or an interview or two with a random sample of judges as to what they thought (just after each category). This would help a lot of cooks see the judging process and maybe get inside the head of a judge.

Last edited:
Back