Roadside vending

Awesome . You definetly need pictures !! Where are you guys set up I want to stop by for some grub .
Roy

If you don't mind my askin' (and you may PM me if need be), but where can you be found?
I'm all over the the mid Hudson area (I live in lower Dutchess county) on the weekends...

I am between catskill and coxsackie on 9w by the Drivein theater about 2miles before coxsackie if you are heading north on 9w. Come on down!!

You have a pretty big menu. We cooked as follows Friday and Saturday this week.
14 Butts, 12 Brisket, Burnt Ends, 12 Slabs, Tips, 40 Bratwurst, 30 4:1 Beef Weiners, 40 Pork Steaks, 12 Chickens, Beans, Potato Salad, Slaw

Thats a good day of cooking. are you doing whle or half chicken.

List where you are located, I have a brother living in Coxsackie, I'll tell him to check you out

What a small world thats to funny. I will be open wednesday thru saturday have him introduce himself i will hook him up. My location is on the post before this one.

Thats a good day of cooking. are you doing whle or half chicken.

We do some halves, and some quarters. $4 a quarter, $6 a half. Add $3 to add 2 sides and make it a meal. Typical profit margin is 100%. The rest of our pricing as follows, with the $3 more for a meal carried throughout.

Ribs - $16 a slab, Tips - $5, Pulled Pork and Brisket $5, 16oz Pork Steak - $5, Brat - $3, Hot Dog $2, Pulled Pork and Brisket by the pound - $10

We do some halves, and some quarters. $4 a quarter, $6 a half. Add $3 to add 2 sides and make it a meal. Typical profit margin is 100%. The rest of our pricing as follows, with the $3 more for a meal carried throughout.

Ribs - $16 a slab, Tips - $5, Pulled Pork and Brisket $5, 16oz Pork Steak - $5, Brat - $3, Hot Dog $2, Pulled Pork and Brisket by the pound - $10

Thats close to what I am at Ribs $6 1/4 rack $12 half $23 full regular pulled pork sammie $5 large $7 Smoked german sausage $6 half chicken dinner $12 Rib dinner $15 chicken and rib $17 brisket $16 comes with choice of two sides and drink.Sides are $1.50 for the salads and $2.00 for the man beans. Going to do some specials thursday and friday nights like stuffed meat loaf,ham, or turkey as the holidays approach. Figuring out amounts to minize waste is the hardest thing now but I guess that will come as I build regular customers over time

I started small, and always try to run out. I don't have a closing time. When I'm out I leave. 2 reasons, the rush starts early and I run out faster, so I can leave earlier, and, it leaves 'em wanting more!

Right now I am at by fec 500 capacity. Saturday morning I pulled in at 6:30am and had a guy waiting for brisket!! We were out of food by 1:00pm.

I'm excited to see others making money off roadside. Bigmista and I are planning to do markets to start and then grow from their. I'm sure he will be just as happy as you all are to be out of an office.

Can either of you tell me how you come up with your pricing? I get on Bigmista because I say he pulls numbers out of his a$$.

I'm excited to see others making money off roadside. Bigmista and I are planning to do markets to start and then grow from their. I'm sure he will be just as happy as you all are to be out of an office.

Can either of you tell me how you come up with your pricing? I get on Bigmista because I say he pulls numbers out of his a$$.

I feel your pain. I can't tell you how many arguments, errrr... discussions, I have had with my darling husband over vending prices.

Looking forward to the answer to your question. :)

I talk to many people on many forums over much of the country and then looked at what my costs are in my great state of NY which are higher than most and winged it from there.

Here is a pic of the site we are at.
100_0791.jpg

Excellent. I have thought about doing something like this a million times. Glad to see that somebody is successfully doing this. I got a few years until retirement, I'll probably just wait until then. Meanwhile I'll just do fairs, etc.

you doing any cooking onsite or do you fire it all up in the trailer at home?
do you let the public know about the kegerator inside the truck??LOL

looks good man, congrats!

I feel your pain. I can't tell you how many arguments, errrr... discussions, I have had with my darling husband over vending prices.

Looking forward to the answer to your question. :)

We took our totall costs for the day - labor, fuel, pellets, supplies, all groceries - everything, except the trailer and truck x 2 at a minimum. We then compared our prices to the local sit down place, made sure we charged just as much (ours is better), made the servings large and took off.

you doing any cooking onsite or do you fire it all up in the trailer at home?
do you let the public know about the kegerator inside the truck??LOL

looks good man, congrats!

Hey Sean everything is done on site the truck stays there now. I also have a walkin cooler on site I am fixing just got a good used compressor for it from a local restaurant owner/friend of mine. I get to have my driveway and yard back.The real money is in the side beer sales:mrgreen:

Back