Weekend cookin' on the High Plains - w/ Pr0n!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Thank heavens for a greatly appreciated weekend!

Kicked it off last night with an Oakridge Santa Maria/Carne Crosta ribeye, stuffed mushrooms, grilled asparagus, and a sweet potato.

q6JBLNdh.jpg

bUJ3lkch.jpg

Today, I broke out a rack of spare ribs and some 4 Rivers Smokehouse rub from Stingerhook. This stuff is completely different from most rubs I've had, and I really look forward to what it does to a rack of bones.

01Wk9DJh.jpg

With the high winds here, the kettle got the call since it's protected from the elements.

0NVggQGh.jpg

Almost ready.

74klkXyh.jpg

Ribs generally done. Nicely tender.

Cut the rack in half and applied some of this Everglades Moppin' BBQ Sauce (CINCHOUSE tried it after the 4 Rivers, and changed her preference at the last minute) before returning the ribs to the kettle for a few minutes.

IQEops0h.jpg

Oh man, I WANT those mushrooms.

It's always a quick crowd pleaser at our place.

-Wash / stem the 'shrooms.
-Preheat toaster oven to 350.
-Small knob of butter in each, and onto a small baking sheet.
-Cook about 10 minutes or so until they've softened a little and the butter is melted.
-While those are cooking, combine (completely by taste/eye) the mayo and parmesan cheese. Sometimes I get a little wild and add garlic and onion powder to the mix.
-Spoon into the mushrooms.
-Crank toaster oven to 425 or broil.
-Return the mushrooms to the oven for about 5-8 minutes, until the top is nicely browned (unlike those above... as our top element in the toaster oven died on us...)

Great way to celebrate a nice weekend. Hope the weather holds up for you to continue your escapades. The cook, as always, looks spectacular!

Holy smokes Marc, ya need to put a warning on your thread titles; I just smashed my face on my screen trying to get at that stuff! :mrgreen:

CINCHOUSE asked for mini-elotes on the grill as a side for tonight.

Here's a previous post about 'em.

I'm really happy with how this Vortex cooks up frozen mini corn ears, then turns them into elote after I slather 'em with goodness.

NYGxK1Lh.jpg

Quick plated shot for the masses:

LhtRvIPh.jpg

If you're able to get 4 Rivers Rubs, I highly recommend this as a fantastic option with lots of flavor, but no sweet/heat hit. It's very savoury, and delicious. That was an excellent "base" of flavor that highlighted both the Everglades Moppin' Sauce I used as a faux-glaze, but also the 4 Rivers Regular and Hot that I sampled "on the side."

Our 3 yr old ate 2 whole ribs (she's probably half-vegetarian, so this is a huge deal), and begged for more Everglades and 4 Rivers (Regular) sauces. She barely touched her favorite Elote :shock: and scoffed at the broccoli salad she loves.

Marty - Your rubs and sauces are a HUGE hit 'round our place, mate. Can't thank you enough for the deliciousness that's ensued since your package arrived.

Thanks for stopping in on a Saturday evening. Back to the NCAA Basketball here. I can almost hear the cheers from Lubbock with Texas Tech reaching the Final 4 for the first time in school history!

Thin blue and fair weather to you all.

It all looks fantastic Marc, but those stuffed mushrooms really are a treat you knocked that cook out of the park your kettle game is strong brother!

Back