• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

1 Weber Kettle, One 18 LB Brisket

Bacon

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
When I bought it yesterday I didn't take the size into consideration and also when I woke up this morning at 7 am I didn't take time into consideration either. I put it on just before noon.

Its holding steady at 225. Pecan and a little mesquite.

I'm needing to have this done before I go to bed though. Have work tomorrow, plus I have a head cold.

Any advice on a higher temp/time for this monster brisket?

116-1.jpg

122.jpg

Made a little spice rub up. Nothing fancy. Salt, pepper, mortar'd and pestle'd mined garlic and onion, and a little Montreal.
123.jpg

131.jpg

141.jpg

Updates to come.

020-1.jpg

027-2.jpg

065-4.jpg

032-1.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe after it gets up to 150 or so, crank up the heat to 300? Sort of a smoked, then hot & fast brisket?

Thats a beast...I cooked many briskys on the kettle...but not that big. Id get above 225 if you want to speed it up. 300 for that big the first few hours will be fine...let her rip

I have read a lot of guys here will do them hot and fast -
I have done an 18 pounder before - but split the point from the flat before I started.... good luck and keep us posted!

Its been at a stable 300 for the past 2 1/2 hours. Looking good so far.

i do my briskets on my kettle. 250-300 temp. i try and stay around 275. always cooked around nine hours. 198 int temp then wrapped and stored in the cooler for at least an hour. love my kettles.

Thanks go to all that helped with this one. Turned out great. I pulled it at about 10 hours. Wrapped and cooler'd for a few hours and sliced this morning.

It got real late last night and I havent done anything with the point yet. Its been in the fridge. I would assume it would be alright to put back on the kettle for burnt ends.

Never made burnt ends before. Advice on that would be well appreciated.

Depends on what I do next weekend. This might be my entry in the Ultimate Throwdown.

Looks great, glad it turned out good for you. yes, Cube up that point, throw some sauce on it in a pan, and make some tasty ends.

Back