• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

When You Post a Throwdown Cook Thread in Qtalk, Please do THIS!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
For those of you who post your Throwdown cook threads in Qtalk, we salute you! Keep up the good work, especially when you mention the Throwdown you are posting for. :clap:

However, there's a good number of folks on Qtalk who really aren't aware of the Throwdowns or even how to get there.

You can change this easily by including a link to the Throwdown you are posting your cook thread for.

ALSO: A lot of folks do NOT understand what the acronym "TD" stands for. If you will use the full word "Throwdown" in your thread titles and body text, it will help to educate members about the Throwdowns.

Thanks!

Last edited:
What about making the Throwdown section it's own tab on the "Brethren Forums" page,
instead of a sub thread to Q-talk?

What about making the Throwdown section it's own tab on the "Brethren Forums" page,
instead of a sub thread to Q-talk?

That's a good question, one I asked quite some time ago.

Having the Throwdown section as a sub-forum of Qtalk makes perfect sense, since they are related to each other, at least in terms of people posting food/cook photos. Also, Qtalk is easily the most heavily trafficked section of the site and, having the Throwdowns as a section of Qtalk makes it more visible and accessible from Qtalk.

If it was a separate section of the site, then we'd probably get quite a bit less traffic and participation.

Last edited:
I usually can tell what throwdown is happening, when I see a theme in recent posts. "boy, there sure have been a lot of pizzas posted this week...oooooooh"

5b3baf68d973fc030b60f74c_baby-cute-kids-i-can-do-it-succesful-wallpaper-green-sand-sea.png

For those of you who post your Throwdown cook threads in Qtalk, we salute you! Keep up the good work, especially when you mention the Throwdown you are posting for. :clap:

However, there's a good number of folks on Qtalk who really aren't aware of the Throwdowns or even how to get there.

You can change this easily by including a link to the Throwdown you are posting your cook thread for.

ALSO: A lot of folks do NOT understand what the acronym "TD" stands for. If you will use the full word "Throwdown" in your thread titles and body text, it will help to educate members about the Throwdowns.

Thanks!

Bump~!

Just want to acknowledge and thank a number of you who are posting Throwdown cook entries in Qtalk for including a link to the Throwdown you are entering. This really helps, and in the last month, has had a noticeably positive impact on Throwdown traffic.

Keep up the good work!

Back