Input on an ATC?

I am looking there too just cant understand a lot of it but I'm getting there. I'm going to knuckle down and order all the stuff online. I'll have to go to the micro center in flushing to get the raspberry pi. I will get the cheaper version if you think the b+ is worth it. Is it possible to save the graphs from all the cooks?

I think the cheap Zero-W with built in WiFi is currently the best pi for a HM due to stability and drivers, plus it is cheap and compact. Just make sure you get the right HM version and ask for a case without the USB slots.

BTW, check out the HM community at the virtual Weber board. The developer is active there and the group there will provide excellent support plus they have all the damper designers and printers who can help you get setup for whatever cooker you want to control.

I 2nd that.

Bryan, or just a out anybody will answer your questions, including me. I'm one of the customizers and builders of the heatermeter and have been around the project since it was known as the linkmeter.

John B.

I 2nd that.

Bryan, or just a out anybody will answer your questions, including me. I'm one of the customizers and builders of the heatermeter and have been around the project since it was known as the linkmeter.

John B.
Thank you very much. Bryan has been very helpful. I will email him tomorrow and finalize my order. Looking forward to graphing my cooks. Thanks a lot for the help

I think the cheap Zero-W with built in WiFi is currently the best pi for a HM due to stability and drivers, plus it is cheap and compact. Just make sure you get the right HM version and ask for a case without the USB slots.

Thanks for all the help man. Ordering tomorrow. So glad I found a product that so many people are happy with.

I have a Flame Boss 300, Thermoworks Smoke, and a Thermopen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a thermopro tp20 and
It's ok. Little shaky sometimes also have a TP instant read. The flame boss is an extra $100 but a lot of people like it. I'm going to give the HM a try. Thanks for the help. LGM!!

I have a thermopro tp20 and

It's ok. Little shaky sometimes also have a TP instant read. The flame boss is an extra $100 but a lot of people like it. I'm going to give the HM a try. Thanks for the help. LGM!!

LGM!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All The Heat Metter sounds complicated? Tech scares me :drama:
DanB

DanB

It is definitely NOT for everyone. You get a more functionality for less dollars, but you do pay a price in complexity and learning curve. If you want to open a box, follow 3 simple steps and be cooking, the Heatermeter is not for you.

DanB

there is nothing to be scared about at all.

you get it, plug it in, and go to the heatermeter webpage, which finds your unit for first setup.

the only thing i can remember that took more than a few steps, was porting it to the outside world, but its very easy and only necessary if you want to access the heater meter from outside your wifi area.

I have never had to write a script or anything for my heatermeter.

Is there any reason to look at 4.3 or just stick to 4.2 with a zero w ?

i have a 4.3 but i hardly ever use the buttons. i mainly program mine through the webpage and once its set for a cooker there is no need to touch it.

It is definitely NOT for everyone. You get a more functionality for less dollars, but you do pay a price in complexity and learning curve. If you want to open a box, follow 3 simple steps and be cooking, the Heatermeter is not for you.

From reading all of the responses on the capabilities of the heatermeater it seems to be very similar to the fireboard. If you are afraid of tech and want an out of the box solution, and are willing to pay the premium for convenience, the fireboard might be an option.

The only difference is the layout of the board to fit different size/shaped pi’s and the different buttons (but there are still four buttons with the same functions).

From reading all of the responses on the capabilities of the heatermeater it seems to be very similar to the fireboard. If you are afraid of tech and want an out of the box solution, and are willing to pay the premium for convenience, the fireboard might be an option.
I am currently trying to get all the parts together for a HM to get a final cost. The fireboard with 6 probes and the fan and everything is well over 300. I'm pretty much sold on the HM mainly because of the community and the inventor Bryan has been extremely helpful and informative. The fireboard would be my next choice as it seems like an excellent out of the box product.

I am currently trying to get all the parts together for a HM to get a final cost. The fireboard with 6 probes and the fan and everything is well over 300. I'm pretty much sold on the HM mainly because of the community and the inventor Bryan has been extremely helpful and informative. The fireboard would be my next choice as it seems like an excellent out of the box product.

Starting to agree with you, on fireboard it looks like a terrific product but the complete lack of public contact they have worries me. Especially if you have to use their servers for any part of your cook. They did not even make any effort to have any sales for the 4th they no longer are on Amazon. Worries me to make that much of an investment in a product.
I keep track of their facebook instagram and youtube channels. Really not much info out there recently on Fireboard.

Starting to agree with you, on fireboard it looks like a terrific product but the complete lack of public contact they have worries me. Especially if you have to use their servers for any part of your cook. They did not even make any effort to have any sales for the 4th they no longer are on Amazon. Worries me to make that much of an investment in a product.
I keep track of their facebook instagram and youtube channels. Really not much info out there recently on Fireboard.
Yes. It looks like a great product, new and shiny and 6 probes! They don't have a kit that sells everything together and the cable to connect the fan is $89!! They may get cheaper but I doubt it. DigiQ and Fame boss have almost the same product, just missing the tracking graph of the cook which is a great feature. The HM has it though. Very confusing with all the tech stuff but a lot of help available. I cant wait to finalize an order and get cooking with it!

Back