View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 11:53 PM   #10
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Our table has had a history of not receiving food at the banquet, this year, it left a LOT to be desired, but, we received it. The exhibitor area....sparse, especially compared to 2011's showing. It makes me wonder if the price of poker went up. The Rules Meeting would probably have more participants if it didn't start in the middle of the day. Being the BBQ Capitol of the World, you'd think there'd be a planned bbq crawl, beer crawl, foodie fete or something to entertain folks.
When we were sitting in the exhibit hall Friday afternoon wondering where everyone was I checked registration and was told that less than 60 of the expected 400 had shown up. On Saturday morning it looked to be about 100 so I suspect that there were no activities for Friday night since no one was coming in until Saturday afternoon.

Honestly I'm not sure I'd go to another one. The pork rule meeting was the same thing I heard in Philly; I don't really care what MMA has planned since it never seems to filter down to the membership; the Great American BBQ tour doesn't impact me in the least; I'm not an organizer looking to buy MMA services so the only reason to go is the raffle and the ToY awards.

When we had the BBQ expo on the east coast we had a number of break out sessions and mini classes on a variety of subjects during the day for people as well as couple of Friday evening activities such as group dinner reservations, show/activity tickets, a bar crawl, that kind of thing. If KCBS reached out to the membership I suspect that things like this could be made to happen at the next meeting. If not then it might as well be a one day event.
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote