View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #1
rcbaughn
Full Fledged Farker

Default Need New Beef Ideas!

Alright, I'm one of those people, who for my tastes at least, think all that good steaks really needs is salt, pepper, and some good charring and juicy middle, but everyone I'm cooking for said they want something new. I understand that it's the weekends and looking forward to something new on a Saturday night cookout when work is over is nice. They've all hinted that they've had their fill of the ole regular rosemary, red wine or red wine vinegar, Montreal Steak seasoning, Dale's marinade, Bourbon steaks, and probably 80% of the regular grilled steak recipes you see on the web or in books.

I guess me talking meat, grilling, and smoking so much has them thinking I know what I'm doing and am creative enough to make something great outside the norm. I have never shown them this site so maybe they won't learn I'm just a big ole copycat and noob. :-)

But does anyone have anything that is really tasty and a bit off the wall? The cut of beef doesn't matter, ribeye, tbone, sirloin, etc. Any cut that works well on the grill and is cut a bit on the thicker side and grills good, nothing low and slow kinda deal because my briskets haven't burned out the fam yet like regular steaks. I could eat a salt and peppered steak nightly if I could afford it, but not everyone loves beef like I do.

My fam luckily are all medium rare to medium cooked steak people so I really just need flavors since most steaks no matter the cut will be tender enough hopefully as long as I don't botch it and turn it to a gray chunk.

But thanks guys, and if ya got any real good and out there steak ideas and maybe sides throw em out. I know I ask a lot here and don't give near as much back, but hopefully you fellers ain't getting sick of me. Hopefully with some more learning and reading and practice I'll be posting up more and better food pr0n than I have. Looking forward to seeing what some of you fellers have under them grilling and smoking hats! No super secret recipes though, I don't want a hitman after me if it gets spilled! Lol!!! I ain't good at keeping recipe secrets! Lolol.