View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 02:32 PM   #72
el luchador
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : EL Luchador

Quote:
Originally Posted by THoey1963 View Post
The time to manage the stick burner was what changed my mind and made me go back to charcoal smokers. I work from home a lot, so a midday smoke for tonight's dinner is quite common. Unfortunately, working from home doesn't always mean I can run out back every 40 minutes. A lot of times it was more like 90 minutes. So, some times the fire would die down, then I'd add a couple sticks and then it would go too high, even when considering a range of temps. It frustrated me, and I found myself using the WSM instead. The whole ordeal was quite a painful and costly learning mistake. It made the great food leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

Do what makes you happy...

wow, you put it way better than I could. with my charcoal smoker, I looked forward to cooking because it was easy, and the food was delicious. with the stick burner the idea of cooking was not something I looked forward to and that's not what cooking should be about. it shouldn't be a chore.

thanks for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjax View Post
I love the flavor. I'm not positive, but I THINK 5 of the top 10 teams in the last Jack used pellet poopers.
Wowza!!!
is the data out there somewhere?
el luchador is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->