My wife wants me to throw out my UDS...

LOL...no worries. Most of these guys talk tough on a forum, but their wives aren't here. The others are single.

For the record, I won't dump the UDS. I'll shove it to the background for a while, perhaps, as this is an opportunity to get a pellet grill, which I've been wanting to do.

My big issue isn't that my wife thinks the UDS is ugly, but that I am skeptical of the high temp performance of a most pellet grills under $500. I really want good searing capability for my SV ribeyes.

*My* wife said I couldn't have any more rigs until I got rid of one of the ones I have. Then somebody got me a 28" Blackstone for Father's Day. Hmmmm..... Ugly my rigs may be, but they keep her fed. LOL

We can't have an extra grill/smoker but we can have closets and rafters full of Christmas decorations that get used one month a year. Makes perfect sense.

SO, your wife is concerned because your UDS is getting older and doesn't look as good as it once did? Well, isn't SHE getting older, and does SHE look as good as she once did?

Tell her that it you get a newer and better looking UDS, you will also be getting a newer and better looking wife. That should end the discussion. ( one way, or another! )

JBP

Back