View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 06:16 PM   #9
SmoothBoarBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamD View Post
I totally understand your point of view...I guess it all comes down to the honesty of the individual. You can still be held liable and get sued if someone contracts a food borne illness, you would have loss of reputation and credibility etc. Also, even a full time Licensed Food restaurant that gets inspected can prepare in "unsanitary conditions". Whether they performed this by only "getting into compliance for the inspection and then went back to their unhealthy style". (Ever walk into a restaurant that you just walk right out of)? I guess my point is anyone can be unsanitary, that is why there are minimum safe standards and you are EXPECTED to comply. That is why I threw out there the "Serv Safe Food Manager" Certification. YOU would be the manager and that would be required for you. Would teach you all about the minimum standards and what is required in the aspects of food, food safety, handling, serving, cooking, holding, sanitation, etc. but whether you would choose to follow or not is up to you. (My main Point). Also recertification is every 5 years and it is Nationally recognized.
Yeah, did my ServSafeManager's Cert a few months ago. I'm going to look into this and see if it exists out here in Carolina. Thanks!