Sam's was out of spares

daninnewjersey

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
This morning. Couldn't believe it. I've only been bbq-ing for about 5 months but have never seen that. Is that a common occurrence??

memorial day weekend is upon us and folks may be stocking up early. i've found this to be the case around the summer holidays. shop early - 4th july, labor day, memoriial day.....

It's pretty common around the weekend's here, with all the competitions and such. Not just spares, but sometimes they will be out of packers, and even butts or chicken every once in a while. Best advice I can give is try to get there early on Wednesday or Thursday, otherwise just take what you can get.

Saw an add last nite on tv HY-VEE here is having a sale on baby backs, $1.99 lb on Thursday 5-26-11 limit 2. Sounds like a fair price to me, I know I'll be there. Great Q to you all!:thumb:

Sam's was out of butts last week for a couple of days too. It happens. Especially before holiday weekends. Did you check with the meat cutters? Sometimes they're just behind on refilling the display cases.

Sam's was out of butts last week for a couple of days too. It happens. Especially before holiday weekends. Did you check with the meat cutters? Sometimes they're just behind on refilling the display cases.

I know the Sams here has fresh spares as well as the cryo packed ones. Check the fresh meat cooler or ask someone.

Back