Pellet smoker

Pellet Grill

Those Yoders are indeed, pure eye candy

So is the price tag.:laugh:
DanB

Am I the only one who doesn't like the look of the MAKs? They look very... gas grill to me.
I know this doesn't really matter but I am struggling with them visually.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the look of the MAKs? They look very... gas grill to me.

I hear what you're saying, however I believe MAKs are made by a sheet metal company. They know their sheet metal and want it to be seen and appreciated.
Now back to our program...

Nope, you’re not the only one. I didn’t like the look when I first saw them either. They’ve grown on me to the point I really like the look now... but still like Yoder the best out of all the pellet grills on the market from a “looks” standpoint. That said, I have seen guys buy MAK’s based purely on reputation that did not like the aesthetics. I have seen some of those same guys also make mention that they were amazed at how much nicer the MAK’s look in person. To each their own I suppose :)

The YS640 on a comp cart looks awesome! With the new controller, it’s supposed to be even better. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the choices here. If the Yoder was stainless, I would’ve bought one. My MAK has been great! It just cooks.

I like the look of the Pitts and Spitts. That stainless roll top is pretty sweet. You should at least have a look.

I really think I have to wait for the lone star grillz pellet smoker to come out. I have been told late summer/early fall. I really liked the quality of the ivs they made me a few years back.
Reading the description it sounds pretty good to me.

They are indeed pretty utilitarian. Cookshacks aren't pretty either. Both are top tier cookers. I think it's funny that Weber took some pretty obvious inspiration from Mak and then gussied it up a bit.

They are indeed pretty utilitarian. Cookshacks aren't pretty either. Both are top tier cookers. I think it's funny that Weber took some pretty obvious inspiration from Mak and then gussied it up a bit.
If I didn't have a 1 Star which to me doesn't look like any other grill on the market especially a gasser, I'd own a PG 500. They don't look as cool as the Yoder with comp cart, but utility and performance wise they look fantastic to me.

Matters to me. That's why I bought the 1 Star.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm ok with the gasser look, it was actually a consideration

Hello. This is my first post on this forum. I am pleased that the first thread I've read is asking some of the same questions I have.
I have read about several pellet smoker/grills. I see that the GMG controller is 110V/12V and understand that concept. Just not sure if that is something I would need.
The RECTEC 590 looks like it will fit my needs but the GMG DB is less costly.
Any further info will be greatly appreciated.

A buddy of mine just got the Camp Chef Woodwind WiFi 24” with the sear box attachment and is very happy with it. Can’t say I’m not envious! Might be worth a look

Another vote for the RecTec Bull, solid build, great warranty, best value for features and money, and it cooks awesome. Long as everyone is posting a pic.....

I don’t know...I just love a big, solid counterweight on mine for that big heavy lid with insulator. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 0F10D40A-0CF8-480B-B570-1AD00EAF4698.jpg
    0F10D40A-0CF8-480B-B570-1AD00EAF4698.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 105
I don’t know...I just love a big, solid counterweight on mine for that big heavy lid with insulator. :mrgreen:
That is a sexy cooker!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back