Beef Ribs

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Thanks to Groundhog66, I finally found some racks of beef ribs with some meat on them:
IMG_9260.jpg

(more like a rack and 2/3 as one of them was short a couple of ribs).

I put a little L&P worcestershire sauce on both racks and then a combo of The Rub Co's Santa Maria Style & Original rubs on the top rack. For the lower rack, I used Carl's Gourmet Products Prime Rib & Roast seasoning.
IMG_9266.jpg

A couple of hours later I put them on the Egg and here they are about 90 minutes into the cook:
IMG_9273.jpg

and at 3 hrs:
IMG_9288.jpg

the "Carl's" rack was done:
IMG_9294.jpg

the "Rub Co" rack with the bigger meatier bones stayed on for about 20 more minutes:
IMG_9295.jpg

and were then removed:
IMG_9309.jpg

The ribs enjoyed a brief rest while I grilled up some ginger & garlic butter flavored corn:
IMG_9314.jpg

I cut into the ribs and put together a plate for my wife:
IMG_9329.jpg

IMG_9338.jpg

My rub test revealed that the Carl's rub should be applied sparingly as that rack came out too salty for our tastes (admittedly we like less salt than most folks). The Rub Co ribs kicked b*tt! The Rub Co combo seems to excel on any piece of cow and I suspect it'd even make a cow patty taste good! (No, I won't be cookin' or eatin' cow patties).

Those are the beefiest beef ribs I have ever seen. I ones I get round here look like someone took a razor and cleaned all red meat from the bones. My dog loves the leftovers though. How much per pound?

very nice looking beef ribs
my wife just asked me to do some this coming weekend
will be first time
thanks for sharing

Those are the beefiest beef ribs I have ever seen. I ones I get round here look like someone took a razor and cleaned all red meat from the bones. My dog loves the leftovers though. How much per pound?

The beef ribs I normally see at most stores look pretty close to what you've described and I pass on them as there's only enough meat to tease you with the taste and leave you frustrated. For that reason, it has been about 2 years since I last cooked beef ribs!

These cost $2.99/lb which I wouldn't pay for the "nearly-meatless" variety but for meaty ones like these, I will.

Thou hast madest me hungry and those beef ribs is da bomb! Methinks I need to make some of my own!

Nice beast ribs John. Making me hungry right now!! May I ask where you picked up these beauties? Like most the ones I've seen in the local markets are pretty pathetic especially for the price they're asking.

Back