First cook on my new wsm

jack040806

is one Smokin' Farker
Been itching to dirty this thing up since I brought her home. On a work day so I had to go with something a little quicker like ribs, also did some bacon wrapped apples (had to try them, my advice: don't), twice baked potatoes and green beans.
BBQANDBABY041.jpg
BBQANDBABY042.jpg

BBQANDBABY043.jpg

BBQANDBABY045.jpg

BBQANDBABY046.jpg

BBQANDBABY048.jpg

Would have gotten a picture of leftovers but...

Nice looking grub. For me, I won't even use my UDS unless I'm cooking pork butts or bisket. I like the long cook times foods.

You're a brave man with bacon wrapped apples ha ha. Congrats on the WSM the ribs look awesome! I'm still waiting for the day that I get to bring home my very own WSM.

Great looking ribs! Congratulations on the new wsm too. :-D

Some good looking grub.
What if you brushed on a little bit of maple syrup and brown sugar onto the bacon wrapped apples?

Scott

Some good looking grub.
What if you brushed on a little bit of maple syrup and brown sugar onto the bacon wrapped apples?

Scott
There was brown sugar on them, thinking I either used the wrong type of wood, mesquite (wouldn't have but my brother gave it to me and it was all I had at hand) or the wrong type of apples - I used some golden ones and the flavor just wasn't that amazing, hoping that with a sweeter apple and maybe oak or apple wood they would be way better.

Great eats? What was in water pan wet dry brick sand or no pan?
I ran with just some water. Curious though about using sand, seems like it provides the same function without evaporating and would make clean up a little easier.

Back