First cook on my new wsm

jack040806

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Been itching to dirty this thing up since I brought her home. On a work day so I had to go with something a little quicker like ribs, also did some bacon wrapped apples (had to try them, my advice: don't), twice baked potatoes and green beans.
BBQANDBABY041.jpg
BBQANDBABY042.jpg

BBQANDBABY043.jpg

BBQANDBABY045.jpg

BBQANDBABY046.jpg

BBQANDBABY048.jpg

Would have gotten a picture of leftovers but...

Nice looking grub. For me, I won't even use my UDS unless I'm cooking pork butts or bisket. I like the long cook times foods.

Looks like your new toy works ok! Nice rack!

You're a brave man with bacon wrapped apples ha ha. Congrats on the WSM the ribs look awesome! I'm still waiting for the day that I get to bring home my very own WSM.

Great eats? What was in water pan wet dry brick sand or no pan?

Great looking ribs! Congratulations on the new wsm too. :-D

Some good looking grub.
What if you brushed on a little bit of maple syrup and brown sugar onto the bacon wrapped apples?

Scott

Some good looking grub.
What if you brushed on a little bit of maple syrup and brown sugar onto the bacon wrapped apples?

Scott
There was brown sugar on them, thinking I either used the wrong type of wood, mesquite (wouldn't have but my brother gave it to me and it was all I had at hand) or the wrong type of apples - I used some golden ones and the flavor just wasn't that amazing, hoping that with a sweeter apple and maybe oak or apple wood they would be way better.

Great eats? What was in water pan wet dry brick sand or no pan?
I ran with just some water. Curious though about using sand, seems like it provides the same function without evaporating and would make clean up a little easier.

excellent first run - now to get the time to do something low and slow!

excellent first run - now to get the time to do something low and slow!
Thats what saturday is for, already kissed up to the mrs and did some favors for her so that when I say I'm getting a brisket she don't mind too much.

Back