Naan Pizza on the Blackstone - TD entry

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Pizza throwdown entry

A somewhat lazy Friday pizza night on the Blackstone griddle. The only aspect of this which I'd consider lazy is store bought Naan. Still makes a good pizza base, no matter what. No time to make my own today.

But first, my new grilling area. This is the location of the former hot tub, which gave up after 20 years of service and multiple repairs. We decided to go with new Trex on our front farmer's porch and both rear decks, upper and lower. This part of the lower deck is now dedicated to grilling. Of note: the Bubba Keg is no longer a part of my arsenal, no room for it. I gifted it to the contractor. It served me well for 10+ years.

xFY3xkX.jpg

On with tonight's pizza. Gotta start with Bacon -

VdV1o05.jpg

Boneless Chicken Thighs -

6JVB7bE.jpg

Darn, forgot to take pics of the pizza on the griddle.

Finished Naan Pizza with

Homemade Pesto (made w/ homegrown Basil)
Diced Chicken Thighs (seasoned w/ Plowboys Fin & Feather)
Diced Bacon
Roasted Red Peppers
Mozzarella
Parmesan

vAx0R7S.jpg

RBGZOIX.jpg

An easy to make, satisfying and tasty pizza that comes together quickly on a Friday night. One of these pics will wind up as the throwdown entry.

As always, thanks for reading through to the end of this post.

Regards,
-lunchman

That's a pretty pizza Dom with the pinwheel pepper effect and all. Naan bread eh, might have to steal that on from you.

Outstanding Dom!

Bet you'll use that area more now that the tub is gone. Great choice with trex which is what I plan to redo the cabin deck with.

Dom - great looking pies and new digs. You MA boys are living good.

Good luck on the TD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That is a great looking pizza! I like that the toppings look piled on thick and hearty. Nicely done!
I'm also digging the new decking. You need a nice place to relax and cook.

Thanks all. The deck in this area was original Trex. Since it was built around the hot tub, the void needed to be filled with new joists and newer Trex which didn't match. I actually went through the pain of doing all that work myself, though we had a contractor remove the tub with a Sawzall. We were willing to live with two different deck styles. That is, until the upper deck was refabbed in new Trex with new railings. That deck was wood decking, in need of stain once again. I was tired of the popping nails, the splintering and the constant maintenance required for a 30 year old wood deck.

Once the upper deck was complete, we decided to just go all the way and have the two decks match. Well worth it. Again, the whole point of this is zero maintenance.

Anyway, back to bbq and pizza.

Great looking za Dom! I always thought naan could make for a good pizza, but never saw anyone do it. So this was all done on a flat top? How did you get the top to cook? Did you put a lid over it?

Great looking za Dom! I always thought naan could make for a good pizza, but never saw anyone do it. So this was all done on a flat top? How did you get the top to cook? Did you put a lid over it?

Yes, all done on the Blackstone. All the ingredients were precooked on the griddle. Lastly, I warmed the Naan, top and bottom and brought them into the house. Longer warming time on the top than the bottom since the bottom will be grilled again.

My wife and I assembled our pizzas, then back out to the griddle. As you've correctly assumed, I placed a dome over them to melt the cheese. Sometimes I spray water around the perimeter to create steam to trap under the dome but my wife hates when I do so, says it makes the pizza less crisp. As I've learned in marriage, your wife is always right. :becky:

Back