Oklahoma Bash

Could even start as a Fall bash as long as we dont have any crazy weather like we did this past week! :shocked:

I agree great idea. But first let's try to shoot for a Spring Bash. I think we are going to have to get some of the Tulsa area folks to help scout out and secure a location unless someone owns some acreage that would like to host.

Robert

I could make that Bash! May bring LuzziAnn if there is a hotel nearby where she could plug in her hot rollers. :grin: Once y'all decide on a location and date we'll look into it.

Gonna bump this a little! I don't know if its Election fear or Covid related but we sure aren't getting any traction on this thing.

Any luck with the BBQ Brethren map?

Looked at it and seen that our biggest concentration of folks is in Tulsa and OKC area. That being said Eufala would be fairly close to both, and the outliers like myself would just have to trek a little farther. Problem is that we've had more out of staters say that theyd be interested, than in state folks.

If you have some that want to attend, go ahead and create a signup sheet so you know who will be going, maybe going or cancels.
I put the link in my signature line so it is easy to hit it!
(I have one for Texas. I can set one up for Ok if you like)
Pick a date and location.
Then post an Invite about 60 days out in the QTalk.
You can then work the post it the QTalk forum.
I've pm'd the ones on the BBQ Brethren map around the DFW area in years past to see if they were interested in attending.
Let me know if I can help. :mrgreen:

Problem is that we've had more out of staters say that theyd be interested, than in state folks.

What's the problem? Sounds like people want to come out. I think Dennis has tried to get a SC bash going but has only had s few folks show up. I think the NM folks are about the same. STL had a good amount show up but then haven't had one since. The Ohio bash was rather surprising, whole bunch of people showed up for the first one.

I think when the Chicago bash started, there were very few people, heck we only get around 15 people every year and it's been going on for years. But it's a bunch of fun.

We're there! A warm March might be good if we get one, and April-May are always iffy because of the twisters.
Sounds good!

Arlin

Would make for an interesting bash... :brick: :bolt:

If you can attend a bash that has Arlin on the guest list, you have definitely been to an interesting bash!

Miss seeing your regularly, brother.

We're there! A warm March might be good if we get one, and April-May are always iffy because of the twisters.
Sounds good!

Arlin

You must mean iffy for the out of towners! If you are worried bout a 'nader we are going to have to revoke your Okie Card! lol

What's the problem? Sounds like people want to come out. I think Dennis has tried to get a SC bash going but has only had s few folks show up. I think the NM folks are about the same. STL had a good amount show up but then haven't had one since. The Ohio bash was rather surprising, whole bunch of people showed up for the first one.

I think when the Chicago bash started, there were very few people, heck we only get around 15 people every year and it's been going on for years. But it's a bunch of fun.

Not saying its a bad thing that others want to come, just wish more Okies would respond. Being an OK bash and all! lol

I plan to be there! As much as I can without knowing when, where, or what else is happening in the world at the time:-D:-D:-D

Bash

You should look at Lake Murray. Centrally located for us sw ok guys.

Completely off topic...have you been to the Wishbone Scratch Kitchen in Duncan? Great food and bar.

Not saying its a bad thing that others want to come, just wish more Okies would respond. Being an OK bash and all! lol

There is a member and good friend here that has not been active in awhile. He and this site taught me to BBQ. He now lives in Tulsa. I can give him a call to see if he can scout locations in SW OK. if you want.

Back