View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 01:36 PM   #11
AKMIMNAK
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothBoarBBQ View Post
I was looking at putting a CTO or CTO-DW in my food trailer a while back and I called Ole Hickory and they had some excellent customer service. From what I understand Ole Hickory tends to deal more with businesses as those cookers from their website are NSF rated and have a higher heat capacity. For the home user or maybe even competition cook you can go through Big Poppa Smokers. Those cookers generally have a max temperature of 275 and are not NSF rated.

So like you said email has "no tone" so it doesn't always come across as it was meant. Big Poppa Smokers is a fantastic service and the guy who owns the company (Sterling Ball) is seriously into BBQ. He actually runs his own cooking demonstration every year now and I've been ordering from their website for over a year with no issues.

I would go through Big Poppa Smokers website for the questions and ordering process if Ole Hickory is the route you want to take. I've never heard a single bad thing about Ole Hickory and the food which comes off of them is fantastic.

Good luck!
Very helpful! Thank you!

What is the clean up like on an ole hickory?