• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

new weber temperature control

S

smokesignal

Jusy got a new weber 22 1/2 in. silver one touch. Has anyone tried putting a temperature gauge into the dome? I have several gauges but dont have a remote and hate to drill a hole in this new weber.

The easiest thing to do is to get one of the smaller gauges that has a clip and stick it through the vent. It works great as long as you don't forget about it and knock it off. The better ones have a nut on the back for calibrating.

Jusy got a new weber 22 1/2 in. silver one touch. Has anyone tried putting a temperature gauge into the dome? I have several gauges but dont have a remote and hate to drill a hole in this new weber.

You can see in the picture below that I added a small thermometer to the lid of my Weber kettle (to the left of the handle). I used a small drill bit and it didn't damage the lid or the paint.

Attachments

• Pumpkin Picking at White Post Farms 10-09-10 093.jpg
    Pumpkin Picking at White Post Farms 10-09-10 093.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 171
Thats a nice collectiion. I see there is a temp.gauge on the char broil to the left of the weber and its down closer to the grate. Do you think there is much difference in temperature on the weber from the grate to the top of the dome?

One should remember when doing this that there can be a big difference in the dome temp and cooking grate temp.

i just use remotes. they will last if you are carefull when putting the lid on.

I use a remote for longer cooks, but, I also have a long probe meat thermometer that I use in one of the vents. It reaches to about 1" above the grate, unless there is meat in the way.

Back