View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 01:35 PM   #64
el luchador
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : EL Luchador

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstewart39 View Post
“Mountains should be climbed with as little effort as possible and without desire. The reality of your own nature should determine the speed. If you become restless, speed up. If you become winded, slow down. You climb the mountain in an equilibrium between restlessness and exhaustion. Then, when you're no longer thinking ahead, each footstep isn't just a means to an end but a unique event in itself....To live only for some future goal is shallow. It's the sides of the mountains which sustain life, not the top.”

― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values
for some reason I like that quote. thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelMaker View Post
A man gotta do what a man gotta do to make his heart light.
Carry on.
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudsandswine View Post
What kind of smoker do you have OP? I open my intake a little over 50%, open exhaust fully, and never touch vents again until it's time to shut her down. If I want the cooker hotter or cooler I just adjust the size of the fire...feed logs more or less often, or feed more or less logs at one time.

If you're constantly having to fidget with vents, maybe there's an issue with your cooker, as joker mentioned.
my smoker at half intake vent open full exhaust will burn at 400 degrees when the wood catches and the fire is roaring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonz50 View Post
I'm a firm believer in having the right tool for the job at hand. if the job at hand requires an overnight 'set and forget' cook then fire up the coal burner. if the job is a midday relaxing rib cook with beers and friends, stick burn it. no shame in having a preference, no shame in having multiple smokers either.
good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnH12 View Post
A chore for some is a pleasure for others.
Do whatever trips your trigger. Just don't go vegan!
We are all vegans by proxy- cows eat grass, we eat cows
el luchador is offline   Reply With Quote