Super Bowl pulled pork with pron

electron_si

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Neighbors decided to do the party at their place this year so I offered to bring the meat. 20 lbs of prarie fresh pork butt that I found on sale at Sprouts a while back (shout out to the brethren for letting me know). Started the smoker Saturday night for an overnight cook. These went about 13 hours at 275. Wrapped in butcher paper about the last 3 hours and bumped the heat up to 300 to get them finished in time for a long rest so I could work on other things. Made a mustard bbq sauce to go with them that turned out great. Didn’t get any pulled shots as I got busy doing other things.

Injected with apple juice and a little ACV while it was still in the cryo

nxDMUY1l.jpg

Mustard slather and some BPS Sweet Money, I’ve been using Kosmos lately but I had 2/3 of a bottle of BPS so I decided to use it.

12spiekl.jpg

Right before the wrap
I79x4inl.jpg

Thanks for looking

Good looking bark. How did you like the Sweet Money on the Butts? Did a butt yesterday and thought about sweet money, but went with Killer Hogs BBQ Rub instead.

Last edited:
I don’t really like how course the rub is so I’d only use it on pork butt but it made some pretty good bark as you can see.

Looks good from here,

Man those Butts are fantastic. Great color and bark. You hit that one.

Looks great!! What'd you do for the mustard sauce? I haven't tried one in a while and want to find a good one for pulled pork

I got a recipe for the mustard sauce from houseofnasheats.com. It was pretty good. I think I prefer the NC vinegar style a little more but I wanted to try something different.

Would you be my neighbor ?

I will say my neighbors benefit from me smoking way more food that I can eat so they always end up with vacuum sealed care packages. Most of the time I’m repaid in free beer and sometimes they drop meat off so it works out great.

Having good neighbors is awesome.

Back