Workhorse 1975

Fontenot

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
I'm looking hard at the Workhorse 1975 (might even get the trailer version). I've looked at a lot of brands such as Millscale and Fatstack that cook even without tuning plates. Workhorse seems to have a good product for the price.

I would appreciate any opinions or suggestions from anyone, especially pit owners.

Thanks in advance.

I have one and love it. Drafts great, patina finish is awesome, the oversized firebox makes running it a breeze. Very good quality, but it’s not Shirley weld level quality imo (not important to me). The temp variations across the pit are 5-10 degrees. Highly recommended!

Edit

I haven’t seen a milscale in person, but from what I have seen on the web, I’d say the fit and finish might be more refined on the mill scale. For the money, and the 3/8” steel and the performance, I don’t think workhorse can be beat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just a heads up, I ordered one earlier this month and my projected build date is 6 months out. It might be even longer by now. Their business appears to be taking off.

Mad scientist BBQ just reviewed the Fatstack on YouTube and I couldn't figure out why I would pick it over the Workhorse.

Don't assume that because they all have the collector that they are all the same product. There's some substantial differences in design that you might want to consider mainly in how the firebox connects to the smoke chamber. I'm no expert so I can't say which is the best. I haven't really seen much on the Fatstacks yet, only that Jeremy Yoder video. They seem to be in line with the pricing on the Franklin and Millscale. The Workhorse pricing is substantially lower. I've cooked only on a Franklin and I love that pit

I don’t want to turn this into another Smoker thread, But researching The Workhorse and talking to JD and the same with Millscale with Chris , I voted for the Moberg, 100 gallon insulated firebox and welds that are equal or better than any out..Sonny is great guy, but I believe if you go with the Workhorse you want go wrong either..
Good luck on your purchase.

I don’t want to turn this into another Smoker thread, But researching The Workhorse and talking to JD and the same with Millscale with Chris , I voted for the Moberg, 100 gallon insulated firebox and welds that are equal or better than any out..Sonny is great guy, but I believe if you go with the Workhorse you want go wrong either..
Good luck on your purchase.

What sort of cost are we looking at for one that? How far out is his build schedule?

What sort of cost are we looking at for one that? How far out is his build schedule?
Don't you already have 2 quality stick burners? You're heading toward collector status...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Back