"Fast Food!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, June 27th!!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Fast Food!"

kYuK1eA.jpg

This was sudsandswine's entry in the 2020 Fast Food Throwdown

As chosen by proxy on behalf of tom b, for winning the "Cast Iron" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

Pick any fast food restaurant food item, and make your own home made version; you can make an exact duplicate, or re-engineer or improve as you see fit! The fast food item can be from a national chain, or even a local or regional favorite.

You MUST include a picture of the original fast food item in your entry and/or cook thread. The original can be a photo you've taken, from an advertisement etc.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday, 6/10 through 6/27.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday, 6/27.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Back in ‘95-98 when we lived in a suburb of Chicago (very near Andy) we found a place called Portillos. I was a big fan of the big beef combo.
After moving to TX in 1998 I emailed them that they ought to open in TX….guess what, rumor has it that they are planning to open a location down here.

Their photos

Sticking with the venison brat theme from the brat throwdown, this is my version and entry photo.

An impressive bunch of entries we have so far, keep 'em coming. Love the background on the originals with graphics, then the homemade version!

This is my Entry in the "Fast Food" Throwdown...

Tito's Tacos In Culver City, CA, serves up simple Mexican fast food that has been drawing crowds for decades. They are particularly known for their crispy tacos and salsa:

MW6UdNr.jpg

Below is my entry photo, with my kicked up a notch version of Tito's Tacos and salsa:

v6PJARv.jpg

Full cook thread:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299246

OK, folks, that's a wrap! Poll coming shortly...

Back