"Pulled Beef" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, Oct.12th!!

c20f63a566b017790701f4dab34a1ea2.jpg

Are you sure it wasn’t a Moose-judgement?

Ok Moose. Now a serious question. Rules state no collage photos. So only one to choose for voting. But also states it must be used as an entree or multiple per my imagination.

As long as I cooked your description of pulled beef (smoked/braised/shredded) and I ate it as an entree or multiple I can choose ANY pic from my cook to be the voting pic? Even if it’s not of the final product??

Edit. Cook thread here.

Edit 2: Theoretically I can continue to use the leftover pulled beef to continue to make a variety of entree up until the day of the deadline on that same thread or another. And then post a single picture to represent the entirety of my cook? Yes?

Last edited:
I see a couple of possibilities for this one:

Pulled beef sammiches
Pulled beef stews
Pulled beef pizza
Pulled beef tacos
Pulled beef burritos
Pulled beef enchiladas
Pulled beef wraps
Pulled beef pastries
Pulled beef dumplings
Pulled beef w/pasta
Pulled beef chili
Pulled beef stuffed peppers wrapped in bacon
Pulled beef soups
Pulled beef Italian style
Pulled beef nachos

And then there's just plain pulled beef

Like. If I wanted to make ALL of these.

Ok Moose. Now a serious question. Rules state no collage photos. So only one to choose for voting. But also states it must be used as an entree or multiple per my imagination.

As long as I cooked your description of pulled beef (smoked/braised/shredded) and I ate it as an entree or multiple I can choose ANY pic from my cook to be the voting pic? Even if it’s not of the final product??

Edit. Cook thread here.

Where did the "multiple" come into play? Your entry photo can feature pulled beef as an entree or "au natural", so to speak, OR pulled beef as the main ingredient in another dish, as demonstrated in the list I posted as possibilities.

Edit 2: Theoretically I can continue to use the leftover pulled beef to continue to make a variety of entree up until the day of the deadline on that same thread or another. And then post a single picture to represent the entirety of my cook? Yes?

[FONT=&quot]1. Where did the "multiple" come into play? Your entry photo can feature pulled beef as an entree or "au natural", so to speak, OR pulled beef as the main ingredient in another dish, as demonstrated in the list I posted as possibilities that seems to be having some folks running for the hills. :wink:.

2. It appears to me that you are trying to get as many meals out of all the pulled beef you cooked. That's good! Keep posting them in your Qtalk thread as it's been fun to follow. Whichever one you decide to post as your entry is up to you.

Does this all make sense now?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I just haven’t quite figured out how I’m gonna meet the letter of the rule while pushing the boundaries yet.

I got confused a couple of months ago because not all Throwdowns allow multiple entries. I called my initial entry #1, planning on having at least a second entry. Moose intervened and reminded me it was a single entry Throwdown but said I could simply designate a newer photo as my official entry photo because the post 'edit' feature times out after a day or so.

If I'm not mistaken, the month long TD's allow multiple entries. The two week ones are a single entry.

Welp,

All this (yes that's chuck steak) Smoked first then into the pressure cooker as you can see below

lTgY4CFh.jpg

ppZjabnh.jpg

Aaaand it flopped. Was planning on birria tacos and everthing was goin great except the the last step of frying the salsa casera dipped tortillas. Guess I need more practice. Everything was so on farking point up until the execution of frying the tortillas

pMiEwfQh.jpg

Ended up turning it into enchilada type something :laugh:

OhRmiDah.jpg

Really good but this was what I had in mind

15954591195f18c62fc8723.jpg

Had the the chili oil going and everything too :doh:

XgtBpiGh.jpg

I got confused a couple of months ago because not all Throwdowns allow multiple entries. I called my initial entry #1, planning on having at least a second entry. Moose intervened and reminded me it was a single entry Throwdown but said I could simply designate a newer photo as my official entry photo because the post 'edit' feature times out after a day or so.

If I'm not mistaken, the month long TD's allow multiple entries. The two week ones are a single entry.

Yeah. I don’t usually follow rules. I find the gap between them.

Right now this is my current favorite. Not a submission, yet. Just a taste.

QzCFguNg.jpg

So... Just catching up...

Sako, that was not an entry? (I would hit it hard, BTW)

Joel, still not an official entry from you either?

Thanks brother Matt!

That is correct. While stupid good the execution failed and not my intended dish.

On a brighter side I still got a week. :becky:

Back