OCTOBER ***SPECIAL*** "National Pizza Month" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Nov. 4th

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our October SPECIAL Throwdown Category

is..."National Pizza Month!"

This was tom b's superb entry in the 2016 "National Pizza Month Throwdown".

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. Cook pizza on your grill or smoker or other outdoor cooking device.
Any style you like - thick or thin crust, NY Style, Detroit, Chicago, etc, it's all good!

2. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this Throwdown only!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/4 through Monday 11/4/19.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 11/4/19.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
I'm definitely in for this one. I have a new cast iron pizza pan that should fit right on my kettle and let me cook a good neapolitan style pie.

I'm in!

3380384363_3638667050.jpg

New York style Pizza - Entry

Made these pizzas this past Friday. Homemade dough with bread flour, 5-hour bulk fermentation, 3-hour ball fermentation. The sauce was san Marzano sauce made early that morning. Cooked on the ooni pro oven using propane. One pizza was a veggie that had onion, mushroom. The other pizza was thick-cut pepperoni.

This is an official entry into the pizza throwdown
Please use the 2nd to last picture which is the overhead shot of the pepperoni pizza

Turned out great but there's always room for improvement.

Attachments

• 191548.jpg
    191548.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 267
  • 192141.jpg
    192141.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 263
  • 193746.jpg
    193746.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 443
  • 193733.jpg
    193733.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 264
  • 193015.jpg
    193015.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 267
  • 192711.jpg
    192711.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 267
  • 191754.jpg
    191754.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Neapolitan Style Pizza Entry

Official entry in the Pizza Throwdown please use the first photo.

Smoked Chicken with Homemade Basil Pesto Sauce topped with Parmesano / Mozzarella Cheese, Peruvian Sweetie Drop Peppers, and Fresh Basil.

Baked on the Wood Fired Pizza Party

Attachments

• IMG_2399 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2399 - Copy.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_2422 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_2422 - Copy.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_1959 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1959 - Copy.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
***MODERATOR'S NOTE:***

Folks, as per Throwdown entry rules, PLEASE be sure to identify your designated entry photo if you are submitting a full cook thread or multiple photos:

[FONT=&quot]6. Only one picture from your entry can be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise the moderator will choose and the moderator’s decision is final.* You are allowed to enter more than once but only one of your entries can be used in the voting thread (for example if you want to enter a second dish that will replace your first one).** You must CLEARLY state which entry is the one you want to go to the vote thread. Otherwise the moderators will choose for you and that decision will be final. Finally, NO collage photos are allowed as entry photos, no exceptions![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]*With the exception of Master’s Cut Throwdowns, which require 3 separate pictures – one of the raw meat, one of the meat cooking on the grill or smoker, and the final picture of the meat fully cooked.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]** Multiple entries are allowed in our monthly Throwdowns, meaning if you enter twice for example, both entries will be included in the voting poll.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks! :yo:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Great entries.
I grill up some fine pizzas but I'm afraid it would be like bringing a knife to a gunfight...

Some great looking pizzas!!

I have been struggling with the decision if a pizza TD is worth breaking the diet I have been on for only a month. :grin: This thread is not helping my withdrawals!!

Back