High Plains Power Outage - Shrimp Tacos!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
So... when we get 40-50 knot winds and it kills power to the neighborhood just as we're about to cook dinner.

What do we do!? :shock: :shock:

:idea: Break out the Kettle and Vortex!

yNUoejgh.jpg

CINCHOUSE whipped up some really nice cabbage and herbed slaw, lime crema, sliced up some avocado, and mixed up a mean watermelon mojito.

1Z6IXryh.jpg

.... and, the power's back on. :drama:

Y'all have a great Thursday. Almost to the weekend.

Something to be said for kettle cookin, I'd hit those hard. :thumb:

Thanks, Kevin. We should've made extra for you.

Even the munchkin cleaned her plate tonight (complete with the standard whinging and whining).

I'd hit that!

We are getting hammered with wind too. 40-50 mph and top gusts 65 mph. We will see the worst between 7pm tonight and 6am tomorrow. This is the norm for this time of year!

Bob

We are getting hammered with wind too. 40-50 mph and top gusts 65 mph. We will see the worst between 7pm tonight and 6am tomorrow. This is the norm for this time of year!

I've got a brand new copilot up for his first operational instrument/qualification checkride tomorrow. With these winds, I'll bet he's sweating bullets all night long. :shock::shock:

It'll buff out... We'll find an airfield where he can fly his profile (well) and stay qualified. :becky:

Dang with eats like that I would be praying for power outages more often. We are in day three of winds, definitely tired of it plus it is supposed to be more of the same next week.

I've got a brand new copilot up for his first operational instrument/qualification checkride tomorrow. With these winds, I'll bet he's sweating bullets all night long. :shock::shock:

It'll buff out... We'll find an airfield where he can fly his profile (well) and stay qualified. :becky:

Why not torture him like some of my instructors did when I was getting my ticket? :p

I had some sadistic instructors, but hindsight has shown me they made me a better pilot. I hated them when flying with them, but.................I drank from the Grail of Wisdom on those flights and took those lessons to heart.

It worked out well when I had an actual In Fight Emergency as a 14.5 hour solo student in a C 172 - the engine packed it in and quit at about 800 above the runway. I was rote on the checklist from memory, on the radio with Tower and said a silent prayer as I nursed a gentle circle with no engine to return to Terra Firma.

The aviation Gods smiled on me that day. I rounded out and flared in one smooth move, and actually made the concrete on the runway (Grass was the first option).....all the while saying to myself "No go around..this needs to be perfect".

I walked away.....much more confident as a pilot.......but my knees were shaking. :p

Last edited:
Back