THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

swibirun

is one Smokin' Farker
I smoked three racks of spares for my 12 y/o's birthday. I trimmed them St Louis style and then rubbed them.

DSC_0417resized-1.jpg

I used rubs from two local restaurants, Dead End BBQ Rib Rub and Hickory Cabin's Dry BBQ Seasoning.

Set up my Big Green Egg with lump, hickory and cherry.

DSC_0412resized-1.jpg

Got it to 250f dome and put the ribs on. I used an upside down spider rig to raise my Craycort grate for 2 cooking levels.

DSC_0418resized-1.jpg

Went for 3 hours and then foiled them with brown sugar, Tiger Sauce, and Parkay.

DSC_0422resized-1.jpg

Let it go for an hour in the foil on the Egg. Then I put them back on "naked" :shock: and glazed them.

DSC_0434resized-1.jpg

The glaze was about 1 cup of Dead End BBQ red sauce, 1/4 cup honey, 1 Tbsp Dead End BBQ Rib Rub, and 1/4 cup of the sauce from the foil.

After about another hour, they were ready.

DSC_0439resized-2.jpg

I served them with a grilled potato salad and Bush Beans original.

DSC_0447resized-1.jpg

The texture was right and they tasted great, but didn't get much of a smoke ring on them this time around.

Back